Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA discontinue LAS-ORD red eye

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

AA discontinue LAS-ORD red eye

HI. Newbie here. I think I am going crazy...For weeks I have been eyeing a 12:35am flight from Las Vegas to O'Hare on American. Sunday May 18th... Today, the flight no longer comes up anywhere, and when I called reservations they had no record of the flight (1056) existing.

Any chance this is a glitch or something? Or did they get rid of this flight? Any suggestions? I only see Spirit now with a direct redeye flight.

THANKS!!!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

I have no idea whether the flight has been pulled, and I'm too lazy to even look.

Why? Because it's Saturday evening, and every Saturday night, AA loads schedule changes into the computers. Some weeks, that causes flights to "disappear" for an hour or several, even though the flights have not been cancelled. And invariably, people start new threads here asking about it. Same thing with mileage balances on aa.com every month when AA updates to a new month (which seems to be in mid-month).

I suggest waiting until Monday morning. If the flight doesn't show up on Monday, then perhaps it has been cancelled.

Personally, I doubt it has been cancelled.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: None
The only other consideration is that US has a ton of LAS-PHX-ORD flights.

Jim
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Much appreciated
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
3/31 seems to be the last day that flight is scheduled (at this time.)
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
The only other consideration is that US has a ton of LAS-PHX-ORD flights.

Jim
I don't see the relevance. There are multiple ways to go one stop to a lot of places.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
SEA-ORD redeye looks gone too. However I'm filing both of these in the "who gives a $#!+, I'd never take a three-hour domestic redeye anyways" folder.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:38 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
SEA-ORD redeye looks gone too. However I'm filing both of these in the "who gives a $#!+, I'd never take a three-hour domestic redeye anyways" folder.
The SEA-ORD red-eye is a seasonal suspension. It returns in the spring
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
True story. A red eye is painful enough but a 3-hour red eye is essentially pointless.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
True story. A red eye is painful enough but a 3-hour red eye is essentially pointless.
Unless you live in seattle and want to spend sundays with your family.

Yes its a tough flight but I appreciate the option when its there
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Actually, US only has five flights PHX ORD (not a ton really) and none are redeyes; if you're gonna 1-stop it you may as well go backwards to LAX or SFO and get the additional miles and better aircraft. From PHX if push comes to shove, the new AA will have 10 flights so that will be good but assuming no changes to schedule only changes to flight numbers, there will still be zero RE (from PHX) save the Spirit you mentioned. There is a UA redeye in the spring LAS-ORD but of the nine dailies on WN none are redeyes (from LAS) and none of the eight from PHX are RE either.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:06 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The only redeye out of LAS will be LAS-MIA (Dep: 11:00 pm). There was a time when (several years ago) there were 3: MIA, ORD, DFW. If you wanted to go from LAS to (say) LGA, ORD which departed after midnight, left same day standby options, which the MIA won't permit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.