Wiki Posts
Search

Save up to 30 percent when you share AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Save up to 30 percent when you share AA miles

https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...ODE=AAMktPgDom

A decent deal if you were planning on topping off an account anyway.

Terms:
shareAAmilesŪ Terms and Conditions: Members must transfer 5,000-50,000 miles in a single transaction through the shareAAmilesŪ program beginning 12:00 am Central Time, March 4, 2013, until 11:59 pm Central Time, March 23, 2013, to be eligible for the discount. Transfers between 5,000 and 25,000 miles will receive a 20% discount off the mileage transfer cost. Transfers between 26,000 and 40,000 miles will receive a 25% discount off the mileage transfer cost. Transfers between 41,000 and 50,000 miles will receive a 30% discount off the mileage transfer cost. Discount applies only to mileage transfer cost and does not apply toward the $30 transaction processing charge.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:16 pm

Got this offer also. Here are my thoughts........I have 26k AA miles in my account. DW has 220k in her account. If I transfer my 26k into hers then cancel my AA Amex & Visa cards. Look to apply for new cards this fall for new bonuses. I have had the cards over 2 years, what are the chances I will receive the sign up bonus again? Is my thought process flawed in any way? TIA..........Jethro
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jethro
Got this offer also. Here are my thoughts........I have 26k AA miles in my account. DW has 220k in her account. If I transfer my 26k into hers then cancel my AA Amex & Visa cards. Look to apply for new cards this fall for new bonuses. I have had the cards over 2 years, what are the chances I will receive the sign up bonus again? Is my thought process flawed in any way? TIA..........Jethro
Go ahead and apply for new cards today. You don't have to cancel the old ones, you can have two or more AA Citibank cards. Or just cancel and than wait a couple of weeks and apply for new.
See this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nks-first.html

I don't think it's worth the money to transfer your points because it's so easy to get points from Citi. If they gave a 100% bonus you might consider it but 30% id just not very valuable.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Is it instant? How long does it take to post in the account?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Is this transfer still subject to the 60K annual limit for the recipient AAdvantage account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.