Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline Baggage Agreement

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Interline Baggage Agreement

Does AA have interline baggage agreement with Lufthansa? I will be traveling CCU-FRA-DFW. The segment between CCU-FRA is operated by LH. The flight between FRA-DFW is by AA. I bought this ticket via Orbitz. Do I have to collect my luggage at FRA?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by basu0009
Does AA have interline baggage agreement with Lufthansa? I will be traveling CCU-FRA-DFW. The segment between CCU-FRA is operated by LH. The flight between FRA-DFW is by AA. I bought this ticket via Orbitz. Do I have to collect my luggage at FRA?
Good question... google doesn't turn up anything useful. (Actually, it turns up this post )

The wiki claims that AA can check bags to LH, but I don't know if that works in reverse or not. Here's the link:

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...s_and_BPs_(AA)

Last edited by jrockway; Aug 6, 2008 at 12:37 am
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Yes they do interline with LH. Done it both ways from AA to LH and the reverse many times. Bags made it every time. Will need a copy of both itineraries at check-in. They can't check you in for the other flight segment.

No need to collect bags at FRA; they're checked through

Last edited by SFOJFK; Aug 6, 2008 at 12:25 am Reason: Forgot to add that bags are checked through.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Straight for AA itself:

http://www.aa.com/content/agency/Boo...icketing.jhtml
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
I see evidence of interline e-ticketing agreements, but not of interline baggage agreements. Do you suggest this is the same thing?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:31 pm

You CAN check bags through with AA / Lufthansa
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:13 pm

Done it both ways at FRA -- TATL from ORD, then on to PRG, back from BUD.

Only issue was that our bags were the absolute last ones offloaded at ORD, despite being in J and the LH "Priority" tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.