Community
Wiki Posts
Search

789 J seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:54 am
Original Poster

789 J seats

Any pro's /con's on 1A or 1L or any others? I think 5A,L missing window. Traveling with wife DOH-PHL daytime flights so would like to look out part of the time over europe/NA.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-789 shows exact window locations for each seat. Row 1 will be near the lavs and galley, so noise/traffic may be a bit more.
Lonedaddy likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-789 shows exact window locations for each seat. Row 1 will be near the lavs and galley, so noise/traffic may be a bit more.
I noticed the lav is on the 1A side, so L might be a little better. Any service-related issues? Granted AA FA's are hit or miss but do they put the senior FA (purser) on the A side and not sure that is always best. I've had horrible F service sitting in 1D JFK-LHR.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
I noticed the lav is on the 1A side, so L might be a little better.
I've never sat in 1, but I would argue the opposite (or, that neither are good.) The bulk of the galley 'activities' are closer to L than A. If you're worried about light and noise, then I would think that A would be ever-so-slightly better than L, but if you're worried about foot traffic, L would get the nod, again, slightly.
senior FA (purser)
AIUI, those two things are not necessarily tied together, and -besides- I would argue that even if they were, it's not a guarantee (or even idea) of better service. In other words, a crap shoot any way you slice it.

Are you wanting to sit side-by-side, or front-to-back, or just 'in the same area?' The only time I've sat with a companion, we had 4D/H, and that was a pleasant experience. I like the windows, but being able to easily converse was the winner. If you want to sit front-to-back, I'd do a row 3/4 combination, but that's obviously highly subjective.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBKettle
I've never sat in 1, but I would argue the opposite (or, that neither are good.) The bulk of the galley 'activities' are closer to L than A. If you're worried about light and noise, then I would think that A would be ever-so-slightly better than L, but if you're worried about foot traffic, L would get the nod, again, slightly.

AIUI, those two things are not necessarily tied together, and -besides- I would argue that even if they were, it's not a guarantee (or even idea) of better service. In other words, a crap shoot any way you slice it.

Are you wanting to sit side-by-side, or front-to-back, or just 'in the same area?' The only time I've sat with a companion, we had 4D/H, and that was a pleasant experience. I like the windows, but being able to easily converse was the winner. If you want to sit front-to-back, I'd do a row 3/4 combination, but that's obviously highly subjective.
Thanks not worried about sit next to each other and conversing we can do plenty of that on the cruise! She will take a sleeping pill and sleep half of the flight whereas I will be lucky to take a couple naps and watch movies and look out the window. Figured it wasn't that big a difference any way and the route can vary quite a bit it seems based on flight aware tracks.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I never sit within two seats of a galley or lavatory if I can help it. My wife and I both prefer to sit in the window seats in the widebody business class cabins. With a middle pair it's nice to chat over the meal but for most of the time having the window makes it feels more spacious.
CMTinPHL and Lonedaddy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.