Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Note: Main Cabin Extra has been rolled out for the 767-323ER; the forward coach mini-cabin has gone from four to three rows of seats, and which of them are best are discussed here:
Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra seats on the 763 / 767-300 (consolidated).

AA thread describing MCE . . . . . . . . . . . FT main general MCE thread
Print Wikipost

Best 763 / 767-300ER coach / Y seat / seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Originally Posted by arollins
Aside from seatguru's suggestion, what are your favorite coach seat on 767. This is for my ORD FRA run. It appears I might have to do this run a couple of times.
Row 21 aisle/window combo is unquestionably the best (the choice between the two depends on whether you like windows or aisles). Note, however, that only elites can pre-reserve these.

Since I've only been in Row 21 in Coach, I can not give you any other recommendations...sorry
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
+1
row 21

Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
Row 21 aisle/window combo is unquestionably the best (the choice between the two depends on whether you like windows or aisles). Note, however, that only elites can pre-reserve these.

Since I've only been in Row 21 in Coach, I can not give you any other recommendations...sorry
Old Feb 10, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM)
Another +1 for row 21 (A/B or H/J)

I used to fly in an 763 to EZE. You get almost as much leg room as a business class seat. I'm 5'10", so legroom is very important to me.

I'm not overweight, so seat width is not an issue for me.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:13 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Well as a 1W Emerald, my next flight on a 763 with AA had nothing on offer but middle seats in the centre. A bit of fighting got a middle seat with power. I guess the flight must be fairly full. Grab that seat early if you can to irritate the late booking, tall, high paying, high status frequent flyer as much as possible

Last edited by spotwelder; Feb 10, 2009 at 7:23 am
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
How does row 20 compare to a regular coach seat? SeatGuru and SeatExpert differ on their recommendations.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by BDAPTY
Another +1 for row 21 (A/B or H/J)

I used to fly in an 763 to EZE. You get almost as much leg room as a business class seat. I'm 5'10", so legroom is very important to me.

I'm not overweight, so seat width is not an issue for me.

+2... 21 or bust
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by BogeyMan
How does row 20 compare to a regular coach seat? SeatGuru and SeatExpert differ on their recommendations.

Thanks!
I made the severe mistake of taking 20H to CDG once. Avoid this row at all cost. I'm 6' tall, and had nowhere to stretch my legs straight due to the bulkhead, and my knees were sore for days. Bad bad bad row.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
IIRC 20A/B/H/J do not recline very much for this equipment/configuration

my preference in coach is second exit row outside the aisles, forward cabin non-middle seat after that. I try for the window so I don't have someone climbing over me especially while trying (usually in vain) to sleep.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Row 21 aisle/window for sure. Be aware that it can get VERY cold in that row especially at the window. Wrap up well and have a warm sweater/jacket handy.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Nothing really beats row 21 aisle or window. Sometimes row 17 becomes available. Those are usually crew rest seats.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Row 21 aisle/window for sure. Be aware that it can get VERY cold in that row especially at the window. Wrap up well and have a warm sweater/jacket handy.
Agreed. Lots of legroom makes it very easy to get some sleep. However, like others have said it does get very cold so I'd recommend not making the mistake I've made of only having a light sweatshirt in my carry-on.

Last edited by Nick90274; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:33 pm
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks to all

I managed to get 21 ab on the outbound Friday, but will be on 11ab on the return. Since we are departing from Chicago, we will have proper clothing anyway.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I usually avoid the mini cabin as there is too much lav traffic/smell and the noise from the door constantly opening and closing

Sometimes row 17 becomes available. Those are usually crew rest seats.
As the OP's intended route is ORD-FRA, those seats will not be available. They are only available on domestic flights.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
21A and B are best.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I am thrilled to admit I've never been in coach on one of these, but my favorite Business seat is 3G. It is close to first out, but the entering passengers go on the other side so it is calm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.