FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Pulling up aa.com reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/842008-pulling-up-aa-com-reservations.html)

3544quebec Jul 6, 2008 10:19 am

Pulling up aa.com reservations

Is there anyway to see my aa.com reservation online when I get this message:

Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations

It was viewable before on aa.com but not now. I've tried virtuallythere.com,checkmytrip.com and the LAN website but it either says invalid record locator or the surname must match the booking code.

Thanks

bdemaria Jul 6, 2008 10:46 am

Are you waiting for an upgrade to clear? Usually when I get that message it is b/c the upgrade is processing. It will be available to view the next day. If your really need to access it now, call AA.

3544quebec Jul 6, 2008 11:28 am

No, its an award reservation thats already ticketed and has been sitting onthe website for 3 months but has now disappeared. I don't need to access it now but given it is a 16 segment itinerary over 7 months I would like to be able to see it online in case there are any changes so was wondering if there was any other site where this could be done.

JDiver Jul 6, 2008 11:34 am

AA Web Services (free call)

US or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

Probably will be more productive than asking us. ;)

journalist212 Jul 6, 2008 11:36 am

i'm unable to view miles ... must be a systemwide glitch.

TheDudeAbides Jul 6, 2008 11:43 am

Originally Posted by journalist212 (Post 9989287)
i'm unable to view miles ... must be a systemwide glitch.

same here for everyone in my family.

OP, give it a couple of hours and see if your problem auto-resolves.

Ajohn Jul 6, 2008 11:43 am

I think you'll find that quite a few AA.com functions have gone off line in the past hour. One of those is being able to automatically retrieve reservations made elsewhere than AA.com. It's a creaky website. Any refreshes or updates, seemingly no matter how small, will often render other parts useless temporarily. Nothing to panic about, though -- just check back later today!

billgrates3 Jul 6, 2008 12:40 pm

The same thing has happened to me quite a few times, sometimes because my record was being processed for an upgrade or schedule changes, sometimes for mysterious reasons... in any case, waiting 2-4 hours usually is fine.
However, it's time to call if that message hasn't gone away after several hours.

3544quebec Jul 6, 2008 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3 (Post 9989505)
The same thing has happened to me quite a few times, sometimes because my record was being processed for an upgrade or schedule changes, sometimes for mysterious reasons... in any case, waiting 2-4 hours usually is fine.
However, it's time to call if that message hasn't gone away after several hours.

Thanks - its been more than 24hrs. But I really want to know if there is another online option for the reasons listed in my last post. Or will ringing and getting info on the schedule change then get the itinerary reinstated on aa.com?

Ajohn Jul 6, 2008 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 9989561)
Thanks - its been more than 24hrs. But I really want to know if there is another online option for the reasons listed in my last post. Or will ringing and getting info on the schedule change then get the itinerary reinstated on aa.com?

Have you tried mobile.aa.com? Sometimes that will work even when the main site is down. There are no third-party websites I know of that store this information in real-time.

pdb Jul 6, 2008 2:17 pm

aa.com still malfunctioning re. account information. The odd thing is that for such an extended period of time one would think that there would be a message posted, such as the message which AA posts when they are updating the accounts.

dia1 Jul 6, 2008 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 9989879)
aa.com still malfunctioning re. account information. The odd thing is that for such an extended period of time one would think that there would be a message posted, such as the message which AA posts when they are updating the accounts.

They must have read your post.

JDiver Jul 6, 2008 3:46 pm

Folks, let's DO remember Saturday is the big batch processing day at aa.com (yes, the system is that much of a legacy system) and during the first weekend of the month, that can extend well into Sunday, and on occasion even into the wee hours of Monday morning.

Do not panic: I know I have many AAdvantage miles (can't burn the dadgum things fast enough!) and have flown sufficiently to earn Plat and only need one more flightset for EXP this year - yet I show no qualifying activity, no miles earned, no balances, from Feb through "Current." Only my AA-booked reservations show. I am not worried, ommmm! I am not worried, ommmm! I am not... ;)

It will most likely all be back by tomorrow. If anyone has a problem, call AA, or call the very helpful, no fee, folks at Web Services as noted above.

Happy Jul 6, 2008 3:56 pm

you mostly likely hv a schedule change on a partner airline

If your itinerary involves partner airlines and they have schedule changes, you could have been automatically rebooked, but tickets NOT reissued, and you will have that message and the disappearance of your itinarary.

A phone call to AAdvantage desk would easily take care of such.

We had that happened earlier this year when IB cancelled our flight, but rebooked us on an earlier flight, our reservation disappeared and I got the message. When I called AAdvantage, the agent immediately saw the tickets were not re-issued, and took care of that right away. Itinerary reappeared.

3544quebec Jul 6, 2008 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 9990208)
If your itinerary involves partner airlines and they have schedule changes, you could have been automatically rebooked, but tickets NOT reissued, and you will have that message and the disappearance of your itinarary.

A phone call to AAdvantage desk would easily take care of such.

We had that happened earlier this year when IB cancelled our flight, but rebooked us on an earlier flight, our reservation disappeared and I got the message. When I called AAdvantage, the agent immediately saw the tickets were not re-issued, and took care of that right away. Itinerary reappeared.

Thanks