Wiki Posts
Search

Check eVip balance online - now available

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:43 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I
I wonder if this will make future earned eVIPs available the day of posting of the qualified flight.
read #35
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Beautiful sight!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Works from iPhone too! moble.aa.com
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:04 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My balance is off too. I know I've used 3 of last years 8. The monthly emails about evips say I have 7 available.

Website says I had 12 to start with, 8 earned, 4 complimentary, but used 3 for 5 remaining.

Who handles this at AA? Aadvantage or EXP desk?

Traveler
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, Hilton Diamond
A nice enhancement to see the eVIP balances online. I received 4 complimentary ones for passing the 2MM threshold and they are listed correctly with the proper expiration date.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Aaaah! 13 eVIPs available. ^^^

Clearly the best systemwide upgrade to aa.com in years.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
I agree that it is really good to be able to see the eVIPs online now

I also immediately found that somehow I am missing 2 emails and sent an email to AAdvantage customer service, bu they say they are not responsible for it, and will forward my info to the right people, I might get a result in 3-4 weeks

Let's see what happens...
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:51 pm

Has anyone who earned 2MM recently (in 2009) seen the expiry date for their eVIPs? Are they still valid to Feb 28, 2011?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by futaris
Has anyone who earned 2MM recently (in 2009) seen the expiry date for their eVIPs? Are they still valid to Feb 28, 2011?
I just passed 1MM (UK-based) and the eVIPs (should we call them SWUs now??) are valid till Feb 28, 2011.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP since inception
Originally Posted by kjh
This seems like a potentially useful feature .... but when I checked my balance this morning, it indicated that I had 1 more evip than I should have
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Could it be for a segment that is waitlisted for the upgrade? Remember that the upgrade is not deducted until the reissue occurs in the upgraded inventory.
Mine is off the other way... it shows 1 LESS than I should have. I am waitlisted for an upg for a flight later this month, but based on what folks are saying here, that won't get deducted from my acct until it actually clears.

<sigh> - another call to EXP desk to have them traipse through the records to try and figure out what happened. This has happened twice before in the last two years, and both times they deducted an evip when they shouldn't have. In both instances, they had to "open an inquiry" to get it recredited.

That seems like an awfully high error rate. Anyone else experienced this, or am I just "lucky"?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by yogi4582
That seems like an awfully high error rate. Anyone else experienced this, or am I just "lucky"?
I am also one down, which seems strange because I have I have upgraded both directions in the last couple of years. But I have not been receiving the email notifications, so because of the overlap at the end of the year, this discrepancy might go back several years ...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
I got my two missing eVIPS reinstated...no mail from AA yet, but who cares as long as I got the VIPs
Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Yes I went through the 2mm threshold a couple of weeks ago and I've had 4 eVIPs credited with an expiry of Feb 28, 2011.

T
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
I crossed 2MM Dec 23rd, the 4 VIPs were added on Jan 4 and are valid until 2011. Woo hoo
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
This morning I received AA's e-mail informing me that my eVIPs are now visible online. When I checked, I found out that one of my 2010 eVIPs was misapplied. So, right now I am on the phone with Customer Service (after EXP desk first took my call but told me I'd have to talk to CS because only they can fix the problem). Sure glad I caught the problem at this point while I still remember what eVIP was applied for what flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.