Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 6:02 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by oneant
In the mail last week I rec'd a day pass for myself and a guest, along with a $100 discount to join on the day of my visit.

Unfortunately, it expires on 30 Sep and my next trip isn't until 4 Oct.
You can probably apply the $100 discount to a membership purchased by phone. Call Admirals Club at 800-237-7971 and ask. Good luck.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
What constitutes a NEW membership? If I let my membership laps for a few months, a year, two-and-a-half years, is it still a renewal or a new membership? Any experience?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
What constitutes a NEW membership? If I let my membership laps for a few months, a year, two-and-a-half years, is it still a renewal or a new membership? Any experience?
If you didn't renew prior to expiration your technically a new membership... unless some agent happen to take pity on your situation.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:34 am

Does anyone know if you get the $50 new member discount (Citi Advantage Bus. Card) if you enroll online? There is no mention of it, but I'm thinking it might be automatically applied on the statement.

BZ
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:34 pm

I read in a related closed thread titled "Admirals Club membership 101" that you can qualify for QF Gold if you are AA Platinum. Also, as QF gold you are entitled free access to AC lounges.

I realize it is a very old thread but can somebody shed some light on this method to gain access to AC clubs?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by svasandani
I read in a related closed thread titled "Admirals Club membership 101" that you can qualify for QF Gold if you are AA Platinum. Also, as QF gold you are entitled free access to AC lounges.

I realize it is a very old thread but can somebody shed some light on this method to gain access to AC clubs?
After reading through the thread (OK, skimming it) I did not see the reference that QF Gold = AA PLT. Maybe you're referring to OneWorld status? I am going to join Qantas Club this year and let my AC membership go b/c the occasional free beer is more important to me than the free WiFi.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:10 pm

There is a very old archived thread called "Admirals Club Membership 101" that make a reference to QF Gold but details are missing. It could very well be something that is discontinued but wanted to see if anybody here knew about it.

I am ready to buy the QF club membership and wanted to explore this option as well before the purchase.

Also, does anybody know how soon after the online purchase will I be able to use the lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by svasandani
There is a very old archived thread called "Admirals Club Membership 101" that make a reference to QF Gold but details are missing. It could very well be something that is discontinued but wanted to see if anybody here knew about it.

I am ready to buy the QF club membership and wanted to explore this option as well before the purchase.

Also, does anybody know how soon after the online purchase will I be able to use the lounge.
If you have OW Emerald Status on a carrier other than AA, then you have lounge access for US domestic flights.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:25 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
For those subscribed to this thread, please note this new $70 discount promotion, for which we'll keep a separate thread for now:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ug-2009-a.html

/Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:33 am
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
$75 off AC membership

I just received a letter from American Express with a one day AC pass included. Along with the pass was an offer to save $75 on the EXP price of the AC membership if I join on the same day, thereby bringing my price to $275.

I was waiting for an offer like that to come along before joining the Admirals Club...now I think I will!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I just received a letter from American Express with a one day AC pass included. Along with the pass was an offer to save $75 on the EXP price of the AC membership if I join on the same day, thereby bringing my price to $275.

I was waiting for an offer like that to come along before joining the Admirals Club...now I think I will!
Great discount!! Now only if one could combine this with the $70 off discount. I kept the discount certificate which I believe is valid until Dec 31.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by ssing
Great discount!! Now only if one could combine this with the $70 off discount. I kept the discount certificate which I believe is valid until Dec 31.
That would indeed be nice, but I think $145 ($75+70) discount would be a little over the top.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:10 pm

I'm not sure why you couldn't use both the discounts at the same time. One comes from American Express and the other comes from American Airlines...
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by ksguenov
I'm not sure why you couldn't use both the discounts at the same time. One comes from American Express and the other comes from American Airlines...
Hmmm...food for thought! Worth a try, I guess.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:14 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ksguenov
The AC70 discount T&C state: "cannot be combined with any other discount or promotional offer"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.