Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by oopsz
I got the $100 off promo, but the code only reduces the fee by $50.. Any chance I can get the full hundred off if I call?
Just had a thought- got the offer as a Gold, now I'm Plat.. I bet the 89SAVE code is good for $100 off the Gold price or $50 off the Plat price.. That is, flat rate of $350 single or $575 w/ spouse.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
I just registered for AC in Miami on Friday and I am EXP....I was only charged $300. I just checked the receipt and it say's $350 + $50 discount....I have no idea why I got an extra discount and I am not complaining. I like to save money.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:26 pm

Got a renewal notice as EXP saying $300 for the year. Have an AMEX PLT so wondering if I should bother this year. Would be great if they kept expanding the lounge access program abroad etc. Been an AC member for about 5 years now. Is $300 the best people are finding these days?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:02 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Originally Posted by shortkidd
I just registered for AC in Miami on Friday and I am EXP....I was only charged $300. I just checked the receipt and it say's $350 + $50 discount....I have no idea why I got an extra discount and I am not complaining. I like to save money.
Isn't $300 the normal price for EXP? It's $350 for PLT.

Speaking of PLT, anyone have any current offers that are working successfully? My renewal is up in November.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I'm curious as to why you would join the AC if you have the AMEX PLT. It used to be that you didn't get the internet access with the AMEX PLT but now you do. Is there another advantage to joining the AC?

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
Got a renewal notice as EXP saying $300 for the year. Have an AMEX PLT so wondering if I should bother this year. Would be great if they kept expanding the lounge access program abroad etc. Been an AC member for about 5 years now. Is $300 the best people are finding these days?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by workandski
I'm curious as to why you would join the AC if you have the AMEX PLT. It used to be that you didn't get the internet access with the AMEX PLT but now you do. Is there another advantage to joining the AC?
You can use AC even when not flying AA and use partner lounges? Other than that, Amex Plat is a great deal.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:59 am

Admiral Club Renewal Discounts

Anyone getting renewal discounts when renewing at a club? I want to renew and was planning on using the online renewal but have read that some clubs are allowed to give discounts on renewals if done at the club. My local club is Saint Louis. Particularly interested in this location.

UPDATE: my AC membership expires 02/2013, so, on line, I tried adding a spouse and it would cost me $100. I'm assuming this takes me up to my current expiration date. I also started an on line renewal with spouse, which calculated out at $475. The only unknown I have is if I renew now, does my expiration date extend to 02/2014 or will my new expiration be 11/2013? Hate to lose 4 months. From a cost standpoint (if my expiration extends to 02/2014) makes sense to renew with spouse now for $475. Last option is to wait until Monday, 11/26, when I am traveing and do the deed at the STL AC. Thoughts?

Last edited by dwsebert; Nov 25, 2012 at 7:25 am Reason: Update Info
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Renewing your membership will extend it 12 months from your current expiration date so no time is lost.

The clubs get rated by the business they do. This is one reason I always try to check into the club when arriving at an airport and not just when departing. They also get credit for any membership transactions, so if you do have a reason to be in your club before your current membership expires (or shortly thereafter), then I suggest holding off and let them take care of it for you.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:08 pm

I think I was offered $50 off to renew at ORD's AC. Unfortunately the autorenew had already processed. This was ~6 weeks ago?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
We've merged the recent thread with the existing thread on Admirals Club membership discounts in order to help streamline and consolidate discussion. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Anyone seen any recent admiral's club discount codes for 2013? I figure I might as well bite the bullet and join, and if I join in February, I can renew next year while I'm EXP, in the off chance I dont get back to EXP for 2014. It'll save me $50... yes I'm that cheap.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Presumably, targeted - but good through 28 Feb 2013, $50 off online

Originally Posted by American Airlines
Purchase a new annual Admirals Club® membership online today and save $50* on the annual membership fee. Use promotion code NMSAVE1 online and then click the RECALCULATE button to receive the discount.
Originally Posted by extract from T&Cs
Offer terms and conditions:
*Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club® membership purchased online. Offer expires February 28, 2013. This offer is valid for the named email recipient only. Promotion code NMSAVE1 must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive $50 discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year. Membership rate and final discount is based on individual’s current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or renewing an existing membership. Memberships purchased with American Airlines AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. Admirals Club locations, products and services are subject to change without notice.
It's presumably targeted, but as AA are not generally so concerned with exclusivity as they are with handing our DEQM/DEQP to EXPs in selling AC memberships, I'd recommend giving it a try.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:52 pm

Received email today, 1/24/13, that offers $100 discount using same code as noted above by JDiver for a $50 discount.

“Purchase a new annual Admirals Club® membership online today and save $100* on the annual membership fee. Use promotion code NMSAVE1 online and then click the RECALCULATE button to receive the discount.”

“Offer terms and conditions:
*Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club® membership purchased online. Offer expires February 28, 2013. This offer is valid for the named email recipient only. Promotion code NMSAVE1 must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive $100 discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year. Membership rate and final discount is based on individual’s current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or renewing an existing membership. Memberships purchased with American Airlines AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. Admirals Club locations, products and services are subject to change without notice.”
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver
It's presumably targeted, but as AA are not generally so concerned with exclusivity as they are with handing our DEQM/DEQP to EXPs in selling AC memberships, I'd recommend giving it a try.

Thanks -- this saved me $50
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
I was offered the traditional $25 off renewal at the ORD AC a week or so ago (my renewal is in April) but I declined saying that I'll wait a bit more to see if a better offer comes around. Today, I got this:

"Hello
AAdvantage® Executive Platinum Number: xxxxxxx

We hope you enjoy the many amenities and services of the Admirals Club®. Please renew your annual membership by April 24, 2013 to continue experiencing the good life when you travel.

As a special offer, if you renew online by March 31, 2013, and pay with a credit card, we’ll send you one complimentary set of two luggage tags*.

Your membership is important to us, and we’re delighted to provide you with an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the airport. For the latest news and enhancements regarding our lounges, please visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

We look forward to seeing you soon."

Are you kidding me??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.