FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/720119-aa-com-flight-s-fare-selected-no-longer-available-please-modify.html)

Spiff Jul 30, 2007 5:54 pm

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

I've been seeing a lot of:

Check below for errors:
The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.

on aa.com yesterday and today. I'm just trying to book a simple, international round trip using the Round-Trip search. Multi-city is equally frustrating. It will find flights, price them out, and then tell me that I cannot put the flights I want on hold because...

Price Change Notification

The price of this itinerary has changed since you selected your flight(s).
This happens because seat availability often changes based on demand for a particular flight.

The lowest available total price, including taxes and fees, is now:

And I can never get it to hold. :(

Anyone else experiencing this pesky problem?

spurg Jul 30, 2007 5:57 pm

yes, it seems to be getting worse and worse. very frustrating.

cornellalum Jul 30, 2007 6:01 pm

I've experienced this problem before. I usually call up web services, explain the problem. Depending on the representative, my experience is that they will:

a) make a reservation for you at the higher price
b) make a reservation for you at the higher price and then put a note in to waive the ticketing fee
c) somehow make the reservation for you at the lower price after doing a lot of manual intervention

The reservations they make for you cannot be purchased online -- they will require you to call in to purchase.

JGR01 Jul 30, 2007 6:46 pm

Simple international round trip. hmmmmm

I used to get this when trying MRs for no overnight stay .. MSP-DFW-LAX-DFW-MSP where I got to LAX at 8pm and left at like 11:30pm the same night. LAX seemed to be the issue .. I could do it with other cities but not LAX.

If this is a 'normal' trip with a few days of in-destination-city time, sounds like a call to Web Services.

Robert5988 Jul 30, 2007 7:04 pm

My experience is the same as the OP.

Both searching by price or price & schedule for an international trip I get this same message.

mojorisin' Jul 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 8146355)
Anyone else experiencing this pesky problem?

Yup. Happened to me twice last week for BOS-SFO and BOS-SEA itins. Each time price was about $100 higher than originally quoted. Strange how the price never goes down!

Anyways, smells like something fishy is going on? I've remember hearing something last year about pricing strategies on amazon.com and dell.com, where they manipulate the price based on your purchasing history -- I wonder if aa.com is doing the same thing?

777lover Jul 30, 2007 8:05 pm

To Spiff --- Did you check the fare basis and then see if the bucket was available on EF?

might help to know if it is happening when there is availability in a given bucket or maybe it is happening when say it is at N1 or some other low number of available seats

illinifan Jul 30, 2007 8:57 pm

I use my company system which is a scaled down version of Sabre. I noticed the same problem recently with a "simple" international flight that would not ticket out at the very though it priced it. I removed the SIN / BKK flight and it ticketed. Never had this problem before.

ByeByeDelta Jul 30, 2007 9:11 pm

I've experienced this issue on some simple domestic roundtrips this year. I will try to hold or purchase a $250 ticket and get a price change saying the new price is $300. I press hold/purchase to continue with the $300 price and get another message saying the price is now $250. It will go back and forth endlessly. I've cleared the browser session, started fresh and still have the same issue. Solution has been Web Services who always managed to ticket the lower price.

PaulInTheSky Nov 2, 2010 9:48 am

Still giving me the price change notification error....Calling-in?

Hi FTers,

I am wondering if there's any of you who recently tried the multi-city search and it came up with the price change notification. I tried to call last night and the web services said they require a fee to make the reservation for us. Also, she added that if you would like to really make that specific reservation ROC-ORD-STL-LAX which breaks into three flights in multi-city search, then the prices are going to be $700 instead of $130! What is really going on here?

salfcl Nov 2, 2010 10:16 am

My recent booking with multi-city itinerary was a positive one - my price decrease by $100 from the initial hold price.

PaulInTheSky Nov 2, 2010 10:37 am

Originally Posted by salfcl (Post 15059997)
My recent booking with multi-city itinerary was a positive one - my price decrease by $100 from the initial hold price.

The question to you is how did you manage to hold the itinerary? I tried the multi-city and some of the flights are on the same day. Did you have the legs booked on different dates?

brp Nov 2, 2010 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 15059829)
Hi FTers,

I am wondering if there's any of you who recently tried the multi-city search and it came up with the price change notification. I tried to call last night and the web services said they require a fee to make the reservation for us. Also, she added that if you would like to really make that specific reservation ROC-ORD-STL-LAX which breaks into three flights in multi-city search, then the prices are going to be $700 instead of $130! What is really going on here?

Search "married segment" here and all will be explained.

Cheers.

lobo411 Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Still happening to me...I just ran through the menu of 40 fares AA.com offered me. Only 15 are actually valid and bookable, according to the website.

I was able to select a V fare in economy for 2 weeks from now from SBA to DCA for the bargain price of $2424 r/t. Taxes are not included, however.

Someone needs to buy these cracker-jacks a TRS-80 so they can modernize their systems.

skunker Jun 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411 (Post 16567350)
Still happening to me...I just ran through the menu of 40 fares AA.com offered me. Only 15 are actually valid and bookable, according to the website.

I was able to select a V fare in economy for 2 weeks from now from SBA to DCA for the bargain price of $2424 r/t. Taxes are not included, however.

Someone needs to buy these cracker-jacks a TRS-80 so they can modernize their systems.

Last week I ran through all the options on an international roundtrip and every one of them came back "unavailable." Funny that it shows up on Travelocity though.