Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Just made LT Plat.
Plat is showing as my level as well as 4 "stickers" from previous flying. When my 4 SWU show up, how will AA differentiate "stickers" from SWU?
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Stickers are listed in the 500 Mile Upgrades Summary. EVIPs (SWUs) are listed in the Systemwide Upgrades Summary.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by pkerr
Just made LT Plat.
Plat is showing as my level as well as 4 "stickers" from previous flying. When my 4 SWU show up, how will AA differentiate "stickers" from SWU?
When you earn SWUs another section shows up on your upgrades section.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Ahhh... Thanks everyone
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:40 pm

Quick question. I have searched but struggling with all the results.

If I do the plat challenge and qualify November 09, will I stay Plat through early 2011 or 2010?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by COOLIO

If I do the plat challenge and qualify November 09, will I stay Plat through early 2011 or 2010?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by COOLIO

As an aid to others who may have a similar question in the future, can you please share your search methods and what was unclear about the results? We can't fix it if we don't know it's broken.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
As an aid to others who may have a similar question in the future, can you please share your search methods and what was unclear about the results? We can't fix it if we don't know it's broken.
I doubt the search methods are broken - most likely its the search logic.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
These off topic messages will probably be deleted soon enough - but you are quite right, Search is currently working fairly well (depending on which keywords are used, and whether Advanced Search is used.)

Originally Posted by zybysky
I doubt the search methods are broken - most likely its the search logic.
Originally Posted by FlyerTalk FAQ:

Searching Forums and Threads

How do I search for something?

To quickly find a thread or post of interest anywhere on the bulletin board, click on the 'Search' link in the navigation bar at the top of most forum pages. Then, type in the keyword or phrase you wish to search for, and select either 'Show Threads' or 'Show Posts' to view the results. By selecting posts, you will be shown only the actual post in which the search word appears.

For more control over the search, select 'Advanced Search' from the drop-down box. The advanced search page allows you to restrict your search to individual forums, find posts or threads by user, or return results based on tags (?). There are also options to find posts from a certain date, or threads with a certain number of replies.

How do I search a specific forum or thread?

If you are browsing a forum, you can quickly search for a thread or post within it by clicking on the 'Search this forum' link near the top of the page (it's above the list of threads). You can also search for individual posts within a thread by clicking on the 'Search this Thread' link at the top of any thread view page.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
I've got a quick question that I could not find the answer to in the wiki.

Do I need to book my flights AFTER i sign up for the challenge? Or do flights that I've already ticketed still count?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by skit53
I've got a quick question that I could not find the answer to in the wiki.

Do I need to book my flights AFTER i sign up for the challenge? Or do flights that I've already ticketed still count?
Yes, flights that are already ticketed will count. In fact, any flight that has not yet posted by the challenge start date will count.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:21 am

Advice regarding upcoming Plat challege

Flyertalkers, I could use your help figuring out if I am thinking about this correctly.

I have two upcoming trips to South America in J:

November JFK-SCL on Lan Chile
January JFK-GIG on AA

I was initially planning on doing the challenge for the GIG trip for the following reasons: (1) I thought only flights on AA metal counted for challenges (2) I thought since the trip to GIG is in 2010, it would get me an extra year of status.

After digging a little deeper, I think that I was mistaken about both points and that either challenge would earn Plat until early 2011. If that is correct, then I should do the challenge for the first trip so that I get the mileage bonus on the last leg of that trip and the whole second trip.

Am I getting this right?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I suspect a mod will be along shortly and move this up to the PLT Challenge Help Desk sticky.

That being said, if your NOV flight booked as an AA codeshare? If not you can't do the PLT Challenege. If it is you can schdule a challenge to begin on the 1st or 15th of a month. Remember, you have 90 days to complete 10,000 POINTS.

You are correct about the status expiration date being early 2011 (expires on 28 FEB)

Originally Posted by bquinif
Flyertalkers, I could use your help figuring out if I am thinking about this correctly.

I have two upcoming trips to South America in J:

November JFK-SCL on Lan Chile
January JFK-GIG on AA

I was initially planning on doing the challenge for the GIG trip for the following reasons: (1) I thought only flights on AA metal counted for challenges (2) I thought since the trip to GIG is in 2010, it would get me an extra year of status.

After digging a little deeper, I think that I was mistaken about both points and that either challenge would earn Plat until early 2011. If that is correct, then I should do the challenge for the first trip so that I get the mileage bonus on the last leg of that trip and the whole second trip.

Am I getting this right?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:34 am

Either of these trips will generate 10,000 points as they are ~10,000 miles and in J.

The SCL trip will likely not be on an AA codeshare, so it seems that I should do challenge for the GIG trip unless I can get a codeshare.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:51 am

And lastly, does one still experience a "soft landing" to Gold in the year after the challenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.