Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

MODERATOR NOTE: This is the old, archived thread. For the current thread, please see:

AA Concierge Key as of 2014 (master thread)

A new program for VIP pax is coming, according to AA: ConciergeKey Services, beginning May 1 2007.

This will apparently replace much of Premium Services, and is designed to help VIPs to AA by providing more concierge-like services, particularly the day of departure. Services will be provided by some EXP and IAD representatives, as well as on-site airport reps at 35 prime airports. I guess SMF will NOT have any.

I read "...reps of the Executive Platinum desk at the SERO and some specifically trained overnight IAD reps at the SRO. In addition to the on-phone assistance handled through Reservations, there is an on-concourse component to the ConciergeKey service that includes airport representatives in 35 key cities and trained management in all other AA airport locations."

Customers selected for ConciergeKey services will receive a card in the mail (oh, yeah, one more card!) Some of the services provided will include reroutes, flight and seat changes, airport meeting and assistance, upgrade requests, etc. (But will they help when someone rams your luggage cart in the First Class line?)

I guess recipients will know AA loves them, now "tangibilitized" with a new card. Not to mention, the intent is to help AA keep competitive for these valued folks.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm Reason: agh - bugs, what's up doc? put on diet.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I'm not (overly) campaigning for any more stroking from AA. But does some Hollywood dingdong flying them sporadically make a better customer than the idiot like me who (occasionally) contorts my personal schedule to fly >100k miles on AA at mostly J/F fares? It has been eons since I got even a "howyadoin'" email from AA- not counting the usual spam crap about statements and promotions. Seems odd that so much focus is put on such a small segment of the market.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Sounds great! I wonder how much revenue one has to generate for AA each year in order to qualify?

I suppose the old saying applies: if you have to ask, then you don't qualify.

I imagine that those of us whose accounts are tagged as "VIP" will await the arrival of the new card eagerly.

Some comments/questions:
1) Hopefully the additional burden on the EXP AAgents won't be too problematic.
2) Does anybody know what SERO, IAD, and SRO stand for in this context?
3) I always thought that "Special Services" referred to things like UMs, oxygen, and wheelchairs, while "Premium Services" referred to VIP stuff?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Sounds like UGS to me. Let's see what unfolds.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
A new program for VIP pax is coming, according to AA: ConciergeKey Services, beginning May 1 2007.

This will apparently replace much of Premium Services, and is designed to help VIPs to AA by providing more concierge-like services, particularly the day of departure. Services will be provided by some EXP and IAD representatives, as well as on-site airport reps at 35 prime airports. I guess SMF will NOT have any.

Premium Customer Services (PCS) was created so that American Airlines could differentiate the airport experience of our most important customers from that of our competition. Over the years, this service has evolved and has been known by a variety of names: 'Special Services', Premium Customer Services, and PCS. The primary objective of PCS is to provide day-of-departure assistance for our VIP customers. The Reservations organization has also been an important component in providing our key customers with great service, but never more so than with this new product. Beginning May 1, 2007, a new service will be launched called ConciergeKey. Its focus is designed to help our most important customers stay "always connected" to someone at American Airlines who can help them on the day of departure. This new 24/7 phone service will be supported by the highly skilled reps of the Executive Platinum desk at the SERO and some specifically trained overnight IAD reps at the SRO. In addition to the on-phone assistance handled through Reservations, there is an on-concourse component to the ConciergeKey service that includes airport representatives in 35 key cities and trained management in all other AA airport locations.

Customers selected for ConciergeKey services will receive a card in the mail (oh, yeah, one more card!) Some of the services provided will include reroutes, flight and seat changes, airport meeting and assistance, upgrade requests, etc. (But will they help when someone rams your luggage cart in the First Class line?)

I guess recipients will know AA loves them, now "tangibilitized" with a new card. Not to mention, the intent is to help AA keep competitive for these valued folks.
AA can not, or will not, provide the basic services for travel and each week brings out a new program. The woman's website and now this.

If it were me I'd have a group of dedicated, customer service oriented folks looking at passengers who have millions of miles, have been gold, platinum, or explat, and all of a sudden drop off of the radar screen. A quick glance could tell you that they might have retired, or died, but most likely would tell you that you pushed them to another carrier. I'd then have those dedicated employees (if there are any) call them and say "Mr./Ms. Passenger, we are concerned about you and miss you. You used to fly AA "X miles" a year and we haven't seen you onboard for the past 6 months. Is something wrong?" Instead of pandering to a small group of VIP's get back to providing adequate and quality service to all of your passengers. Of course if you ask what is wrong you might hear things you really don't want to hear!

Just a suggestion of course!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:13 am
Original Poster

I think you are spot on - possibly no FlyerTalkers, but some talking heads and H'wood personalities, and big biz mogulii. Most of the are probably Premium Services eligible / recipients already, and I also suspect most don't worry about whether their upgrades have come through or how many miles they will make on a specific trip. I don't envy them - no room for excitement or drama in their travel.

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Sounds great! I wonder how much revenue one has to generate for AA each year in order to qualify?

I suppose the old saying applies: if you have to ask, then you don't qualify.
<snip>
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:21 am

It is not a new product , the trial program was called VIP Connection, it has just been renamed based on customer feedback.

What they have done is gone through and cleaned out all the different VIP lists and merged them all in to one .

The majority of the VIPs are not film stars , they are people who not only spend obscene amounts of money with AA , but more importantly spend obscene amounts of money that belongs to other people. These are the people who affect the travel of hundreds of others, such as heads of corporations who decide on company travel policy and so on.

The new VIP list will be a lot more exclusive than the previous one.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:22 pm

sounds true. These people are probably the people who decide that AA is getting the business from their company. In turn the employees of said company will be traveling and earning the miles making them gold, platinum, or executive platinum
Originally Posted by jrhone
It is not a new product , the trial program was called VIP Connection, it has just been renamed based on customer feedback.

What they have done is gone through and cleaned out all the different VIP lists and merged them all in to one .

The majority of the VIPs are not film stars , they are people who not only spend obscene amounts of money with AA , but more importantly spend obscene amounts of money that belongs to other people. These are the people who affect the travel of hundreds of others, such as heads of corporations who decide on company travel policy and so on.

Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I'm not (overly) campaigning for any more stroking from AA. But does some Hollywood dingdong flying them sporadically make a better customer than the idiot like me who (occasionally) contorts my personal schedule to fly >100k miles on AA at mostly J/F fares? It has been eons since I got even a "howyadoin'" email from AA- not counting the usual spam crap about statements and promotions. Seems odd that so much focus is put on such a small segment of the market.
I know at LAX (especially recently) premium services have either in the FL or more recently on the a/c awaiting departure, gone through F and spoken with every EXP, thanked them for their business, yadayada. Last time the lady (second time I have met her) asked each of us if we knew about the 1 item LHR thing
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Originally Posted by frequentaa
sounds true. These people are probably the people who decide that AA is getting the business from their company. In turn the employees of said company will be traveling and earning the miles making them gold, platinum, or executive platinum
Yeah, probably...however, one suspects/knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the service these "deciders" will get is not the same as is meted out to those of us actually earning said miles...as if it mattered to them...or AA
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by alect
I know at LAX (especially recently) premium services have either in the FL or more recently on the a/c awaiting departure, gone through F and spoken with every EXP, thanked them for their business, yadayada. Last time the lady (second time I have met her) asked each of us if we knew about the 1 item LHR thing
I have seen the station managers at BRU and MAD do this as well (even using title and last name with everyone). I'm not sure if it's up to individual stations or what, but it is an easy and low-cost, yet still makes the people in J feel special. I can't speak to BRU as I have only flown through twice, but MAD-MIA has a lot of passengers in J connecting to Latin America even though in most cases they could fly nonstop on IB, so I would think part of the move is to retain their loyalty.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Agreed - most are "mogulii" / biz travel arrangers etc. Consolidating and justifying it under one rubric makes sense. In any case, it won't be yours truly; I'll just continue being a flying frontline grunt. But if it helps AA keep the money and high tier travelers flowing in, good on 'em.

Originally Posted by jrhone

Old Apr 27, 2007, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD, MRT GLD, HYT PLT, Fairmont PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by OneXMarine
AA can not, or will not, provide the basic services for travel and each week brings out a new program. The woman's website and now this.

If it were me I'd have a group of dedicated, customer service oriented folks looking at passengers who have millions of miles, have been gold, platinum, or explat, and all of a sudden drop off of the radar screen. A quick glance could tell you that they might have retired, or died, but most likely would tell you that you pushed them to another carrier. I'd then have those dedicated employees (if there are any) call them and say "Mr./Ms. Passenger, we are concerned about you and miss you. You used to fly AA "X miles" a year and we haven't seen you onboard for the past 6 months. Is something wrong?" Instead of pandering to a small group of VIP's get back to providing adequate and quality service to all of your passengers. Of course if you ask what is wrong you might hear things you really don't want to hear!

Just a suggestion of course!
I do agree with your comments on basic services above especially since the flight attendants have been turned into street merchants peddlings junk food back in Y.

However, I did get one of these calls last year. Lady calls me up and asked why my travel with AA was down about 50% and asked if there was something she could do for me. Of course, I asked her I'd like to keep my EXP status so she gave me a challenge of 20,000 EQPs over 90 days. I was pleased. Same thing happened to one of my colleagues around the same timeframe. Early December.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by ordflyer60614
I do agree with your comments on basic services above especially since the flight attendants have been turned into street merchants peddlings junk food back in Y.

However, I did get one of these calls last year. Lady calls me up and asked why my travel with AA was down about 50% and asked if there was something she could do for me. Of course, I asked her I'd like to keep my EXP status so she gave me a challenge of 20,000 EQPs over 90 days. I was pleased. Same thing happened to one of my colleagues around the same timeframe. Early December.
Thank you for your reply. It seems as if some of the employees have taken it upon themselves to try and make things better. Perhaps they realize that the road to their pension is paved through the paying customers.

It's been years since I've had a personal thank you. It's been more like aisle sex the past 6 months.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Interesting. Sounds like they are adapting an AC program. Except ACs available to all Super Elite (get phone numbers, etc...) and paid Executive First (business) class paxs. From what the mighty SEs say, they are a very good thing. Unless you only use them as an executive complaint department

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.