Wiki Posts
Search

AA Duty Free - Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by panjabi
All,

When the Majestic $120 a bottle promotion ran last month, I saw a guy walk in right ahead of me and buy an ENTIRE CASE. I kid you not.

My friend and I were shocked and we asked him if he was a restaurant owner. He said, No, it was for his personal collection!!!
Panjabi
At $120/bottle, he is paying about $5 per (short, 1 oz.) shot. Much cheaper than buying a shot of JW Black at any bar. That's my kind of deal!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by panjabi
All,

When the Majestic $120 a bottle promotion ran last month, I saw a guy walk in right ahead of me and buy an ENTIRE CASE. I kid you not.

My friend and I were shocked and we asked him if he was a restaurant owner. He said, No, it was for his personal collection!!!

Thanks!

Panjabi

What is Majestic
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zman
What is Majestic
I believe panjabi is referring to Majestic Liquors in the DFW area:http://www.majesticliquors.com/
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
At $120/bottle, he is paying about $5 per (short, 1 oz.) shot. Much cheaper than buying a shot of JW Black at any bar. That's my kind of deal!

You would have to put a gun to my head (and maybe not even that) before I pour MYSELF a 1 oz shot of good whiskey. That is small enough to make me mad. 2 or 3 oz shot is the minimum required.

Now for my friends.. 1 oz is good enough. Heck..I could give them Everclear and they would not know the difference!

Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
ah JW.. definitely the finest of Blended Scotch's.

Cheapest I ever bought one was at the Duty Free on Queenston (Buffalo/Canada) for $125. I also bought one at the other crossing a few miles out for about $135.

I might even seen it for $140 or so ORD duty free, but never bought it.

I consider it a good deal at $140 or below (all inc). Anything higher than that is par for the course, cuz Costco in San Diego sometimes has a bottle for not much more.

I hope to pick up a couple of bottles this month flying back from DEL, hopefully its reasonably priced there since I have a couple of important gifts to give in September.. and i was hoping Johnny Dub Blue would be it!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and AA Concierge Key
At Montreal YUL they sell the 1 liter for 185 CAD...which is like $172 USD. Doesn't seem like a "deal" here
Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:11 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Over the past 2 years, I've bought my JW Blue for about $110-125 (after credit card fees and such) in TPE and NRT. I've already gone through two bottles this year...time to head back to Asia!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
Originally Posted by JY1024
Over the past 2 years, I've bought my JW Blue for about $110-125 (after credit card fees and such) in TPE and NRT. I've already gone through two bottles this year...time to head back to Asia!

In my opinion anything sub $130 (with all credit card, forex etc fees in) is a good deal.

If you see one pick it up. If you dont consume it your friends will.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by JY1024
long time ago but is that for 750ml or 1L. I just got a bottle for 140USD in Hanoi. It's 1L. Buddy says you can get it 110USD in HKG but I wanted to bet that it was a 750ml. lol

Anyone know if HKG has it that cheap for real?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:30 pm

Cheapest i've gotten it for is ~$100 at TPE for 1 liter in May 2010. And as a promotion got free 300ml as a gift bottle and a rollaway JW suitcase. Promo was so good, i got 2 sets.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few weeks ago, my local Costco had a $30 coupon which brought the cost down to $120 for a 750ml size; I bought two.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jh811
Cheapest i've gotten it for is ~$100 at TPE for 1 liter in May 2010. And as a promotion got free 300ml as a gift bottle and a rollaway JW suitcase. Promo was so good, i got 2 sets.
Dayum. lol That's awesome....liquor in Canada is mad expensive so it's impossible to get that stuff cheap. a 750 ml in Canada is about 270 CAD at the liquor stores. Still happy with my 140 USD but was in HKG but didn't have time to shop duty free so couldn't see.

Meh, woulda had to carry it in my bag for 4 more weeks of backpacking anyways lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.