FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/634552-just-made-exp-executive-platinum-resources-ask-questions-brag-pre-2017-a.html)

txrus Dec 4, 2014 7:29 am

Originally Posted by SOGO7 (Post 23940602)
First time EXP! How long does it take for status to change after the qualifying flight?

EQP: 77,xxx
EQM: 100,xxx
Segments: 58

Your status on your account will change almost immediately (or as soon as those qualifying flights hit) & for any tickets you book from now on, however, if you have trips in the pipeline that you booked before, you may want to call & ask the AAgent to bump those itineraries so that your EXP status takes effect.

trekker954 Dec 4, 2014 7:57 am

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 23940955)
Your status on your account will change almost immediately (or as soon as those qualifying flights hit) & for any tickets you book from now on, however, if you have trips in the pipeline that you booked before, you may want to call & ask the AAgent to bump those itineraries so that your EXP status takes effect.

really? I'll be making my XPlat on sunday and have award tix booked for March/April that I made as a mere Platinum. I assumed once I do my check-in, my boarding pass will show XPlat (AA) or Emerald (QF). So, you say I should call and have them reissue the tix? What about my domestics within AU on Qantas, also using AA awards.

Arsey00 Dec 4, 2014 8:56 am

Originally Posted by trekker954 (Post 23941095)
really? I'll be making my XPlat on sunday and have award tix booked for March/April that I made as a mere Platinum. I assumed once I do my check-in, my boarding pass will show XPlat (AA) or Emerald (QF). So, you say I should call and have them reissue the tix? What about my domestics within AU on Qantas, also using AA awards.

It's only necessary if there are time-sensitive benefits reliant on status you wish to take advantage of, i.e. Upgrades. For lounge access, baggage allowance, priority checkin, fast track, etc., as long as your boarding pass reflects your new status (or you have the card), you're fine. Your award flights won't be eligible for upgrade, so no need to do anything about those.

trekker954 Dec 4, 2014 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 23941421)
It's only necessary if there are time-sensitive benefits reliant on status you wish to take advantage of, i.e. Upgrades. For lounge access, baggage allowance, priority checkin, fast track, etc., as long as your boarding pass reflects your new status (or you have the card), you're fine. Your award flights won't be eligible for upgrade, so no need to do anything about those.

Nothing time sensitive and I get most of those benefits now as a Plat. Most of my awards are in biz anyway. Thanks for the reassurance, that is what I figured.

LowRoller Dec 8, 2014 4:55 am

Made executive platinum yesterday...feels good. First timer with top tier status
Points 45,xxx
Miles 76,xxx
Segments 100

As you can see I fly short distances mostly so mileage ex plat is near impossible.

bmchris Dec 9, 2014 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 23941421)
It's only necessary if there are time-sensitive benefits reliant on status you wish to take advantage of, i.e. Upgrades.

The card is also required for status matches.

Arsey00 Dec 9, 2014 5:18 am

Originally Posted by bmchris (Post 23966307)
The card is also required for status matches.

True, and the card is also often useful for lounge access on partner airlines, but the question to which I replied was whether the poster needed to call AA to have them update his status on an award booking.

ORD-TGU Dec 9, 2014 10:26 am

I'm Back!!! It took 1 day for my account to be updated after qualifying flight!
The last 10K EQM via credit card helped me.
It was tough being PLAT since March.
My only issue is that with my next to last flight before qualifying I would have received an extra 4 stickers, but now the counter is not even showing on my account page.
The great irony is that I have a lot of miles to burn, so most of 2015 will be burning.
I do appreciate the 50% discount on hotel redemptions.

ORD-TGU Dec 10, 2014 8:53 am

Also, what a difference with EXP Desk agents.

I received a full refund, no fee, for an itinerary that had a 90 minute schedule change.

I also was able to request saaver inventory.

SOGO7 Dec 11, 2014 7:34 am

Wondering if any of you have had a similar situation -

I qualified for EXP for the first time on miles last Monday, 12/1 and haven't seen a status update or have cleared upgrades on any of my upcoming flights (12/12 and 12/14). I've called customer service, the Plat and EXP desk, all of whom claim that I am getting the benefits. I emailed and also received the email below.

I am sorry your account is not yet updated. I can see that we have
forwarded this issue to a technician so that your account can be
updated. Please be aware, it can take up to 10 days for all American
airlines systems to be updated and up to three weeks for all partner
airlines' systems to be updated. You should receive a credentials
package within the next 6-8 weeks.

Is this normal to take so long for the status to change? Anyone else have a delay in going from Plat to EXP upon qualification?

nachosdelux Dec 11, 2014 8:24 am

Just requalified, third year as EXP. So very glad I left UA.

100,xxx EQP / 90,XXX EQM / 52 EQS

Wife requalified also: 102,XXX EQP / 94,XXX EQM / 56 EQS

We already have 40k miles booked/planned for 2015. Not sure if we will both make it but will try!

george 3 Dec 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Re qualified yesterday, fourth year as EXP

Last half of biz trip plus flight to Brazil will put me at 104k EQPS, 92 EQMs, and 66 segments.

Second year in a row requalify ing in mid-December, trying for earlier next year.

GBBob Dec 12, 2014 4:53 am

Hit 100K Monday..8 SWU deposited WEdnesday..can't beat that

DCtrAAveler Dec 12, 2014 7:24 am

Requalified last week on return leg of DCA-DFW-HKG-BKK trip for Thanksgiving. New SWUs expriing 2/2016 have been deposited but no e-mail or anything yet from AA. Will be my fourth year as EXP on mostly personal/lesiure travel. This was the first year I had any work travel in the mix. Already have ~45K ticketed through early March 2015.

ShortDog Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi, I'm expecting to hit EXP in a couple of weeks - getting it just in time! My question is whether I can get a refund on a mileage/copay upgrade to J request on a TATL flight (AA 136), if I ask to apply an SWU when I receive them.

Thanks!