Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:06 am

I've now purchased 248 wheels for between $2.89 and $3.49. The $2.89 price on the sign should have been $2.99, but they honored it. Two stores had the fondue, one for $5.99 and the other for $4.99 (another sign error -- computer had $5.99). I bought just one fondue at each store because of the sticker style coupon in the package would make it difficult to retain the coupon and still donate the product. The good news is that the fondue is delicious, so I can at least stock up on what I can personally use in a year. They also have a chocolate fondue, but it is not included in the miles promo.

Of 122 wheels opened so far, there were four doubles, 117 singes, and only a single goose egg.

These are apparently "vendor items" according to one store manager, which I believe are restocked by some sort of route salesman. So they don't have more on hand to replace what I cleaned out of the display and couldn't predict when or if they would get more.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; Aug 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I believe you were talking about a misjudgment by Emmi.
Yes, I was speculating that they might have thought that many codes would go unredeemed.

What does that have to do with the Terms and Conditions page you posted? Do you think a year-long validity period would prevent them from misjudging the response?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by dhacker
Yes, I was speculating that they might have thought that many codes would go unredeemed.

What does that have to do with the Terms and Conditions page you posted? Do you think a year-long validity period would prevent them from misjudging the response?
Apologies that this has gotten so convoluted.

I posted that link for two reasons.

First, it seems that Emmi expected this promotion to run for a year and it will soon be mostly over.

Second, I seem to recall someone saying we had to input all the codes by January. Am I wrong? From the link cited, it seems we can be very liesurely in this mind-numbing data entry.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
10/1/07 can be read as 10 January 2007.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by gopherblue
10/1/07 can be read as 10 January 2007.
Not in the United States of America.

Believe it or not, there are legal specifications in many situations on how dates should be listed. Be happy you do not have to defend a company selling spoiled food who claims that contrary to the generally accepted usage in this country, 10/1 does not mean October 1 but rather January 10.

If anyone has e-mailed or spoken to Emmi and gotten this response from them, I would be interested to hear of such nonsense.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:03 am

Can get more cheese.

I think I can get 1000 more wheels of this stuff for $4 a pop. The shop are telling me they have sourcing problems and lots of people have been asking for this stuff and that they will need to know by today

If you are interested in at least 250 then let me know soon. On the last batch, some people had asked me to open your cheese, but I would rather send you the sealed box (shipping is a bit of $60 [i think] for 250 and double for 500).

Also, I can't guarantee the price of $4 until I let them know how many I need. Given the demand for this stuff, they might not want to sell at $4 anymore. I am hopeful this won't happen though.

Let me know....
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:37 am

can we compare the batch # vs # of coupons inside?

for the assorted cheese, the # at the botton of the back label seems to batch #

for "L028372001" exp date oct 10, i opened 11 boxes and 7 has a single, 4 was empty, for a total of 64%

for "L028372002" exp date oct 25, i opened 27 boxes, 23 has a single, 3 was empty, 1 has 2 coupons inside, for a total of 93%
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:22 pm

Big Trouble

Due to the popularity of this promotion, our supply of AAdvantage miles has been exhausted. However, we are pleased to offer a Swiss Army Knife, valued at $20 with a valid code. One (1) redemption per person or household. If you have a code, click here.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Due to the popularity of this promotion, our supply of AAdvantage miles has been exhausted. However, we are pleased to offer a Swiss Army Knife, valued at $20 with a valid code. One (1) redemption per person or household. If you have a code, click here.
You beat me to the posting by two minutes. I just saw that message too.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:27 pm

Damn!!!

What the heck is going on????? I have about 100 cert that I had not even entered and now they end this promo.

What do I do now? HELP
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:35 pm

Guess someone seriously miscalculated.

This cannot be allowed to stand. Multiple people contacted the company in very recent days and were given no indications of a problem. I just purchased 47 more wheels an hour ago and have about 175 unentered codes depending on the missing/duplicate rate in the unopened packages. There are still store shelves full of product promising 500 miles. Does anyone have a screen shot of the original T&C's?

These folks are seriously delusional if they think they can get away with this unscathed.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:36 pm

...!!!

Surely this is not legal??
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:38 pm

This cannot be allowed to stand. Multiple people contacted the company in very recent days and were given no indications of a problem. I just purchased 47 more wheels an hour ago and have about 175 unentered codes depending on the missing/duplicate rate in the unopened packages. There are still store shelves full of product promising 500 miles. Does anyone have a screen shot of the original T&C's?

These folks are seriously delusional if they think they can get away with this unscathed.
I have 248 yet to enter!!

has anyone called them? what is the best strategy now?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:41 pm

I don't know what the rest of you intend to do, but they will be receiving a letter from me on my law office stationer on Monday.

"Exhausted?" Yeah, right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.