Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Note: this thread is an archive of older and obsolete posts regarding the AA lounge at GRU – Aeroporto Internacional de Săo Paulo in at Săo Paulo, Brazil.

For the current thread on the new oneworld lounge in GRU Terminal 3, please see:
NEW (2014) GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Actually went to the AC last week when I was flying out on SA GRU-JNB because the Varig lounge was over crowded and the drink/food options extremely limited.

It is very plain lounge as others have noted. Some finger food available. I would say, however, that the liquor selection was rather ok'ish sans the wines. The free wireless is great to have.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dstan
Hah!! Good catch - thanks!
dstan,

I thank you for taking the suggestion and swiftly implementing it !

Cheers.

Originally Posted by holtju2
Actually went to the AC last week when I was flying out on SA GRU-JNB because the Varig lounge was over crowded and the drink/food options extremely limited.
holtju2,

Free wireless is standard on all GRU lounges I have been in.

If you have a Priority Pass next time take the time to visit UA GRU RCC, as it's welcome there. It really is superb:
a) After sitting down a personal waiter comes and offers to prepare and bring a cocktail of your preference;
b) In the winter there's hot soup
c) Desserts, lots of options... sweet and rich
d) Different cheeses to choose from and sandwiches
e) Different fruits nicely presented
f) Lots of booze for those inclined to help themselves at the bar and red/white wine.
g) Everything is nicely presented at the two bars with waiters catering all the time.

Agree that UA GRU RCC is not new, but in my opinion the service covers it and more.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ajnaro
As far as I can remember, renovations are now complete. The GRU AC is very plain and uninteresting compared to the GIG AC, which has original art work, oriental carpets, curved lay out, etc. The GRU facility is plain walls, straight line linear lay out -- not a very inviting place. The food and drink in both are very simple and not very satisfying, although you won't go away starving. They both have free wifi that works well.
I second this. Also GIG has majestic views of the mountains. Now the GIG airport, that's another story.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:43 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Please be sure to share your recent GIG AC & oneworld lounge experiences here, too, as the last post is from Aug 07!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(I actually made yet another spelling gaffe there, too, but was fortunate to think to double check before letting you guys see it )

/Moderator
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
AA's GRU Club

It is the worst club at the airport. It reminds me of a high school lunch room with some liquid refreshment. ANY other club there is far better.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bkkth
It is the worst club at the airport. It reminds me of a high school lunch room with some liquid refreshment. ANY other club there is far better.
Varig one is worse. I like their Ikea furniture but that's it.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by holtju2
Varig one is worse. I like their Ikea furniture but that's it.
Beg to differ as VARIG's has showers, nice furniture and rather spacious, compared to the cramped AA in the evening.

Among the ones I've visited at GRU, unfortunately second the motion for AA being the worst international lounge there.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by bkkth

Then youe would really hate the EZE AC.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:15 pm

One reason why the AC at GRU is not the best in the system, and why I don't think any club at GRU is really noteworthy, has to do with uncertainty regarding the leases on the clubs there. For the past year and a half the airlines have been fighting over a system to "re-allocate" lounge space. The issue is tangled up in several administrative procedings that might eventually become lawsuits so no airline is willing to put all that much money into their clubs.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:13 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
For a couple photos of the GRU Admirals Club, see RyanG's Trip Report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...lots-pics.html
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Shower Availability at GRU?

We have a 3:25 connection in GRU (arriving at 9am from MIA and departing at 12:25pm for GIG). How bad is the wait "normally" for one of the showers? It looks like we'll be the 2nd AA flight in to GRU - just hoping that we'll have enough time to recharge before hitting Rio!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:53 am

Red face Showers in GRU?

I have the same question regarding wait time for showers in the lounge. I will be arriving in GRU from DFW at 9:40am and leaving for GIG at 12:20pm. I know it will be tight, but was curious if getting a shower in before heading to Rio will be feasible or not. TIA
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Originally Posted by jamotoe1
I have the same question regarding wait time for showers in the lounge. I will be arriving in GRU from DFW at 9:40am and leaving for GIG at 12:20pm. I know it will be tight, but was curious if getting a shower in before heading to Rio will be feasible or not. TIA
Might be tight. I arrive from JFK every couple of weeks and I have to sprint to to club to make sure I get one of the 3 showers. The JFK flight arrives about an hour an half before yours, so you should be ok.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
you can grab a smoke in the back of the AC GRU, worth the visit!:
Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I flew out of GRU on AA 2 weeks ago. The Admirals Club is (finally) undergoing some much needed renovation, but part of it is closed. It is still a dump, pretty much. I've not visited the RCC at GRU. I'm in GRU now--when I arrived, I stumbled upon a very nice "sleep pod" style hotel called FastSleep near the "C" wing arrivals area. It's outside security and offers a small room with bunk beads, flat screen tvs, and access to private shower/toilet facilities separate from the room. I paid about $20 for one hour. There is also a gym, but I'm not sure if it is extra. I'm sure there is a discounted rate for booking more than one hour. Every thing was quite clean and well maintained.

For me, this was a great find, as none of the US carriers seem to offer any type of arrivals service at GRU (and all the clubs are inside security).
If I remember correctly there is also an American Express lounge in GRU. It's been a couple years since I've used it, but it is a nice option if you are looking for a place to hang out outside of security.

They served some refreshments as well. Free to anybody with AMEX Gold or higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.