Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

GRU São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport
Admirals Club and other lounges contracted by oneworld partner airlines

Link to GRU airport information on aa.com
Link to GRU website (English)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to GRU Admirals Club page on aa.com

GRU T-3 Admirals Club
Access: Accessible to those qualifying passengers departing on AA marketed and operated flight.
Amenities:
  • USB and AC power at seats (need plug adapter to use AC)
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Business Center
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Self-service hot and cold food, variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
  • Children's Room
  • Flat screen televisions
  • Two shower suites with amenities
  • Telephones
Link to photos by Mestre das Milhas (Brasil).
Link to article with extensive photos

LATAM VIP lounge
Access: Eligible passengers departing on British Airways or Iberia flights
Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.
Amenities:
"Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's first joint VIP lounge, offering abundant natural light and an unparalleled view of the airport. In addition to an entertainment room with individual tablets, video games and wi-fi connection throughout, the lounge is separated into various sections, each with its own ambiance. All seating is equipped with power sockets and USB ports, thus enabling customers to remain connected at all times. For those who prefer to relax, the lounge offers exclusive shower rooms and bathing products with scents of tropical Brazilian fruits. The buffet of hot and cold dishes is nearly 30 meters long and offers a wide selection of culinary options. Customers can also choose from a wide variety of premium beverages or relax with a draft beer at the bar."

Executive Lounge GRU Airport Operated by a third party.
Access: Eligible passengers departing on Qatar Airways flights
Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-02:30
Amenities:
  • Free Wifi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Showers
  • Wheelchair access
  • Television

Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Special Information: U.S. Citizens: You must obtain your Brazilian visa in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to your place of residence in the United States. Visas cannot be obtained at the airport, and immigration authorities will refuse entry into Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa. (This is waived for a time period about the Olympic Games.)

For visas, you may use a visa service in the city with the Brazilian Consulate serving your geographical area. To submit documents and interview for a visa, you can only use the Brazilian Consulate with jurisdiction serving the area where you live. Each Consulate may have different requirements and time frames for securing your visa; check the requirements of the Consulate having jurisdiction over where you live. You will not be allowed to apply at any other Consulate than the one with jurisdiction.

List of Brazilian Consulates in the U.S.A. with links to their sites. Note, some may not work.
Print Wikipost

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 8:02 am
HMO

Originally Posted by Shareholder
just the annoying local ones that make most adaptors useless too.
An adapter for European outlets works fine in Brazil. For non-grounded plugs (like iPhone charges), Brazil uses the same "Europlug" style. ^
Old May 10, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by amiras
You can also stay air side, use either lounge and get your QR boarding pass from the gate agent once they show up before the QR flight takes off. I did kind of the same itin (mixing AA and QR to EZE) and AA was able to print the QR BP without issues
Thanks all for your responses. My main follow-up question is: if I am able to go back airside to get to the lounge, will I be able to backtrack and exit airside through immigration after a quick shower in the lounge? I wouldn't want to risk getting stuck airside for 9 hours!
Old May 11, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Just a general comment that the LATAM lounge is much better than the AC lounge, so long as it's not crowded.

I arrived at GRU in the morning for outbound international travel, and the LATAM lounge was packed. I ate breakfast there and walked over to the AC lounge. There was literally one other person in the AC lounge, and it was great. Full breakfast spread. I was able to use the business center with no major problems (some of the computers need to be reconfigured for MS Office); all over, good experience.

I'm now at GRU on a return flight to the US. The AC lounge is packed to the gills; probably because of the two outbound flights leaving for MIA within 2 hours of each other. AC was so packed it was uncomfortable, so I walked next door to LATAM: relatively empty. While it filled up after a few hours, the LATAM lounge is more spacious, so there's enough room; and while this is subjective, I think the food is better.

So I guess I'm saying, use the one that's less crowded. lol. But I do think AC has a space problem that could come back to haunt them.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:35 am

I think the wiki is wrong, I was flying on AA business (no status) and was able to access Latam Lounge.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Carq
I think the wiki is wrong, I was flying on AA business (no status) and was able to access Latam Lounge.
Passengers flying AA business are welcome at Latam lounge, regardless of any One World elite status.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Quick semi-relevant question for those in the know. I'm departing GRU at 21:30 on AA to JFK in business class (cheap, no change/refund ticket). I'm flying up from SCL on TAM using an economy class award ticket, arriving 17:45 the same day. All else being well (i.e. flight not being cancelled completely) is this more than enough time to make the airside transfer? What's the minimum time it should take, if there's a delay to the TAM flight? I'll aim to do online check-in for the AA flight but this sometimes doesn't work, so I may need to collect a boarding pass at the transfer desk at GRU.

Cheers!
Old May 18, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Quick semi-relevant question for those in the know. I'm departing GRU at 21:30 on AA to JFK in business class (cheap, no change/refund ticket). I'm flying up from SCL on TAM using an economy class award ticket, arriving 17:45 the same day. All else being well (i.e. flight not being cancelled completely) is this more than enough time to make the airside transfer? What's the minimum time it should take, if there's a delay to the TAM flight? I'll aim to do online check-in for the AA flight but this sometimes doesn't work, so I may need to collect a boarding pass at the transfer desk at GRU.

Cheers!
You follow the sign where it say International connections/transfers, all airside but you have to go trough x-ray (no liquid allowed). It does't too long and you can always get your AA BP at the Admiral Club, which is located on the 3rd floor over the Duty Free area.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
You follow the sign where it say International connections/transfers, all airside but you have to go trough x-ray (no liquid allowed). It does't too long and you can always get your AA BP at the Admiral Club, which is located on the 3rd floor over the Duty Free area.
Thanks. I assume "no liquids" means no big liquids, but the 100ml bag of small toiletries is fine, like most other places? The only place I've been that has refused that was TLV! So even with a 2 hour delay to the JJ flight I should still be fine, right?
Old May 19, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Thanks. I assume "no liquids" means no big liquids, but the 100ml bag of small toiletries is fine, like most other places? The only place I've been that has refused that was TLV! So even with a 2 hour delay to the JJ flight I should still be fine, right?
Yes, for the liquids as well as the timing. I've done this transfer in under 45 minutes.
BTW, even if your JJ flight is delayed to the point where you'll miss your AA connection, AA will protect you and rebook you on a later flight via MIA.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by bhomburg
Yes, for the liquids as well as the timing. I've done this transfer in under 45 minutes.
BTW, even if your JJ flight is delayed to the point where you'll miss your AA connection, AA will protect you and rebook you on a later flight via MIA.
Thanks. Even on separate tickets? That would very much put my mind at ease!
Old May 19, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thanks. Even on separate tickets? That would very much put my mind at ease!
Yes, AA will protect you as long your flight is operated by an OW airline (in your case JJ). If you have checked luggage, JJ can send it to your final destination, just provide them your AA reservation.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HMO
An adapter for European outlets works fine in Brazil. For non-grounded plugs (like iPhone charges), Brazil uses the same "Europlug" style. ^
Italy/Spain style, not UK.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
If everything work out fine (meaning no delays), you will have plenty of time to do all of this and use the lounges available (JJ and AC).

If you don't have checked baggage and the plane lands on T3 (the same as AA), you will find a transfer desk as you leave the airplane. Pretty straightforward.

If you do have checked baggage, I think you can ask at SCL to send straight to your final destination (since it will be an international connection). So the same process will apply as I mentioned above.

If in any case you have checked baggage but you have to pick it up at GRU, you will have to clear immigration, pick up your bag and recheck it with AA. I think you will have to do this at the Departure/ Check-in level. In any case, you will have plenty of time.

After GRU went private and T3 was created, passenger operations have become real smooth.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:02 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by george 3
Italy/Spain style, not UK.
The UK plug is not called Europlug. There is no error at my statement.

And the Brazilian non-grounded plug works fine not only at Italy & Spain, but also at several other continental European countries, like France, Denmark, Slovakia, Germany, etc.

Wikipedia info
Old May 24, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HMO
The UK plug is not called Europlug. There is no error at my statement.

And the Brazilian non-grounded plug works fine not only at Italy & Spain, but also at several other continental European countries, like France, Denmark, Slovakia, Germany, etc.

Wikipedia info
I didn't infer that the UK plus was the Europlug. Also, I only cite Spain and Italy as similar as those are the two I've noticed in my travels. I haven't visited Denmark, Slovakia or Germany (yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.