Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

GRU São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport
Admirals Club and other lounges contracted by oneworld partner airlines

Link to GRU airport information on aa.com
Link to GRU website (English)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to GRU Admirals Club page on aa.com

GRU T-3 Admirals Club
Access: Accessible to those qualifying passengers departing on AA marketed and operated flight.
Amenities:
  • USB and AC power at seats (need plug adapter to use AC)
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Business Center
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Self-service hot and cold food, variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
  • Children's Room
  • Flat screen televisions
  • Two shower suites with amenities
  • Telephones
Link to photos by Mestre das Milhas (Brasil).
Link to article with extensive photos

LATAM VIP lounge
Access: Eligible passengers departing on British Airways or Iberia flights
Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.
Amenities:
"Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's first joint VIP lounge, offering abundant natural light and an unparalleled view of the airport. In addition to an entertainment room with individual tablets, video games and wi-fi connection throughout, the lounge is separated into various sections, each with its own ambiance. All seating is equipped with power sockets and USB ports, thus enabling customers to remain connected at all times. For those who prefer to relax, the lounge offers exclusive shower rooms and bathing products with scents of tropical Brazilian fruits. The buffet of hot and cold dishes is nearly 30 meters long and offers a wide selection of culinary options. Customers can also choose from a wide variety of premium beverages or relax with a draft beer at the bar."

Executive Lounge GRU Airport Operated by a third party.
Access: Eligible passengers departing on Qatar Airways flights
Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-02:30
Amenities:
  • Free Wifi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Showers
  • Wheelchair access
  • Television

Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Special Information: U.S. Citizens: You must obtain your Brazilian visa in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to your place of residence in the United States. Visas cannot be obtained at the airport, and immigration authorities will refuse entry into Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa. (This is waived for a time period about the Olympic Games.)

For visas, you may use a visa service in the city with the Brazilian Consulate serving your geographical area. To submit documents and interview for a visa, you can only use the Brazilian Consulate with jurisdiction serving the area where you live. Each Consulate may have different requirements and time frames for securing your visa; check the requirements of the Consulate having jurisdiction over where you live. You will not be allowed to apply at any other Consulate than the one with jurisdiction.

List of Brazilian Consulates in the U.S.A. with links to their sites. Note, some may not work.
Print Wikipost

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Hi guys,
A bit confused about lounge access policies in GRU. As AAdvantage Platinum (OW Sapphire) flying TAM internationally (should be from terminal 3, right?), what lounge can I possibly use?
Thanks in advance for clarification!
Hey maxvor, you will be able to access both lounges, and since they are pretty much next to each other, you can easily check both of them.
Just notice that some JJ flights leave from T2, specially the ones to South America on smaller planes. If this happens you have to take the connector between the terminals and you will probably take around 10 to 15 minutes.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bhomburg
As noted earlier, seating is ample and I´ve never seen this lounge (over-)crowded even at evening peak times.

Bottom line: Very nice for an Admirals' Club, and I`d compare it with the Flagship lounges in the US. Staff seems to give a thing.
I think the GRU AC is very nice and staffed by a collection of great folks. However, my last two visits consisted of one lap through the most crowded AC I have ever seen followed by a quick jaunt over to the TAM lounge. Both on Friday nights.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Do you get access to the TAM lounge if you are EXP but flying on AA?

I agree the GRU admirals club is too crowded to enjoy.. I also could care less for the food, it was awful, but staff was great.

Originally Posted by 869
I think the GRU AC is very nice and staffed by a collection of great folks. However, my last two visits consisted of one lap through the most crowded AC I have ever seen followed by a quick jaunt over to the TAM lounge. Both on Friday nights.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer

I agree the GRU admirals club is too crowded to enjoy.. I also could care less for the food, it was awful, but staff was great.

Yes, you do have access to the TAM lounge at T3.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold

TAM lounge does not have great food either IMO.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina
Hey maxvor, you will be able to access both lounges, and since they are pretty much next to each other, you can easily check both of them.
Just notice that some JJ flights leave from T2, specially the ones to South America on smaller planes. If this happens you have to take the connector between the terminals and you will probably take around 10 to 15 minutes.
Thank you, indeed was able to use both of them. AC is very nice after renovation, but EXTREMELY crowded (how many high-level elites does AA have?), therefore spent most time in LATAM's one.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thank you, indeed was able to use both of them. AC is very nice after renovation, but EXTREMELY crowded (how many high-level elites does AA have?), therefore spent most time in LATAM's one.
An AA flight have around 40+ Business Class seats, most of the times they are full and if you are leaving at night, you have at least GRU-MIA/LAX/JFK/DFW between 9~10:30pm. You will have the same problem in EZE , and I'm not counting the Elites (OW Emeralds and Sapphires).
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Yes the Tam lounge had horrible food, wines were very good tho, love the malbec they had! It's a lot less crowded than the Admirals Club, seems more exclusive. I also thought the design was much nicer than the AA club which seemed more like a cafeteria.

Originally Posted by aglp2k
TAM lounge does not have great food either IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days

Is it still that way? My wife and I (EXP) are flying to GRU tomorrow night and returning the following Sunday which is occasionally a busy departure day back to the US. I agree that the last three times I've been there, it has been very crowded, and the food offerings dismal. The decoration and design however, is really upscale though. The club just needed another 100 sq. meters. It will be interesting then, to try the TAM lounge.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:51 am

Don't laugh much, but I really liked toilets in JJ lounge - no standing urinals at all, every toilet is a separate room, all decorated with a very nice small tile.
As to food complains, I found it not too bad in both lounges (or better said, provided by shared lounge catering service, since the offer was very similar between both) . It's definitely better than what most of Admiral Clubs offer in US, even in AA's Flagship lounges.
If you're allowed, try TAM's First class lounge though.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by george 3
Is it still that way? My wife and I (EXP) are flying to GRU tomorrow night and returning the following Sunday which is occasionally a busy departure day back to the US. I agree that the last three times I've been there, it has been very crowded, and the food offerings dismal. The decoration and design however, is really upscale though. The club just needed another 100 sq. meters. It will be interesting then, to try the TAM lounge.
Yes, AA EXP or PLT are allowed to use TAM Lounges as part of OW rules, the only condition is you need to have a OW BP

Don't laugh much, but I really liked toilets in JJ lounge - no standing urinals at all, every toilet is a separate room, all decorated with a very nice small tile.
As to food complains, I found it not too bad in both lounges (or better said, provided by shared lounge catering service, since the offer was very similar between both) . It's definitely better than what most of Admiral Clubs offer in US, even in AA's Flagship lounges.
If you're allowed, try TAM's First class lounge though.
Where is the TAM's First Class lounge? is the same as TAM & LAN VIP Lounge? but with a separate access? I will be there the morning of the 16, I didn't have to much time when I went last month (I was late and I took a shower) .
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
Yes, AA EXP or PLT are allowed to use TAM Lounges as part of OW rules, the only condition is you need to have a OW BP

We are flying paid J.

Where is the TAM's First Class lounge? is the same as TAM & LAN VIP Lounge? but with a separate access? I will be there the morning of the 16, I didn't have to much time when I went last month (I was late and I took a shower) .
I'd be interested in this. Do we need to be flying F for access?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by fedechat

You made me wonder now whether it's really TAM's one. I haven't been there on my own, it's right next to AC and TAM's lounge, just states "First Class lounge", didn't see any mention of TAM on it.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
You made me wonder now whether it's really TAM's one. I haven't been there on my own, it's right next to AC and TAM's lounge, just states "First Class lounge", didn't see any mention of TAM on it.
Then I believe you were inside GRU First International Lounge, available for any passenger flying any carrier with an F boarding pass.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:10 am

The only thing entertaining about last evening's visit to the GRU Admiral's Club was to watch the "Votacao" - the lower house impeachment vote. The food offered was not minimally awful, just minimal and awful. I stuck with peanuts, suco da uva (grape juice) and "voto sim!" I don't understand why AA can't put out some steamed rice, fechuado, and vinagarette (Brazilian staples) with some meat or chicken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.