Question: Lipstick in carry on?

moving

Last edited by liztexas; Aug 12, 2006 at 2:24 pm
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by liztexas
what are you hearing?
we are hearing that this should be posted in the Security foum and also attached to the opened thread there as opposed to starting a new one.....

This has nothing to do with AA, nothing!!!

and btw, Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by andrzej
we are hearing that this should be posted in the Security foum and also attached to the opened thread there as opposed to starting a new one.....

This has nothing to do with AA, nothing!!!

and btw, Welcome to FT!

My mistake.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Take a look at this thread from the Women's Forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588735
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
I think the term I've heard used is "lip gloss." On TV, they showed a passenger just before going through security putting on her lip gloss before having to throw it out.

I, myself, hope it won't get all the way down to lip stick, which I assume would include stuff like Chap Stick. I'm kind of sensitive to dry air, and use the stuff all the time.

This whole issue is making me inclined to travel less by air. Too much of a hassle. I'm starting to wonder what's next. You're only allowed past security just wearing your underwear? Even then, that won't stop an individual who "swallowed a bomb." Of course, eating at Taco Bell just before arriving at the airport can cause a type of gastric explosion in itself. When will it end...
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:59 pm

no chapstick

Originally Posted by burgerwars
I, myself, hope it won't get all the way down to lip stick, which I assume would include stuff like Chap Stick. I'm kind of sensitive to dry air, and use the stuff all the time.
I flew on 8/10 out of PHL and they made me put my chapstick in a checked bag. They were also concerned about meds (including liqui-gel capsules), etc.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Please see enhanced threads on this topic in TravelBuzz, Travel Safety/Security, and Women Travelers.

- techgirl
AA co-moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.