USAToday = 1,500 miles

Old May 14, 2006, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Hroma
The other excellent offer is from netlink...7,000 bonus miles for three month service($21.95 each). Use the search to find the thread with this offer.
Cheers!
Where???
Old May 15, 2006, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by jayzee9
Steve,

I'm curious. How did you accrue 200k AA miles in 2006?
The biggie was the FLY3 promo (my 1st MR, and even coming from BWI managed to squeak it under $0.01/mile; got Gold Challenge and 88% of Plat Challenge), and the second biggie was conversion of Marriott points to AA miles (unfortunately converted and partially spent just a week before I found FlyerTalk, therefore not acquired at the most advantageous rate). After that it's been getting new/spending with AAdvantage MC CC, and Dining Rewards (I will score the $500/5000 bonus miles too) and Hotel Rewards (same rate as Entertainment.com plus 5 miles/$). And taking the heaps of advice for possibilities here on these forums.
Old May 15, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
....Warning...

I followed the link for 1500 miles from the Elite offers. also signed up for E-Z pay for the bonus miles. Only 1000 miles posted. I called customer service at the paper and they were not aware of the 1500 mile offer. They keep telling me that the additional miles must be coming from AA and to call them. I've even written to them in the form of a - " How are we doing " postcard that tney sent me 3 weeks into the subscription. The result is the same, still only 1000 miles. I did get the additional 100 miles from the first extension, but I cancelled the subscription after not getting any resolution.
Old May 15, 2006, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
....Warning...

I followed the link for 1500 miles from the Elite offers. also signed up for E-Z pay for the bonus miles. Only 1000 miles posted. I called customer service at the paper and they were not aware of the 1500 mile offer. They keep telling me that the additional miles must be coming from AA and to call them. I've even written to them in the form of a - " How are we doing " postcard that tney sent me 3 weeks into the subscription. The result is the same, still only 1000 miles. I did get the additional 100 miles from the first extension, but I cancelled the subscription after not getting any resolution.
How long did it take for your miles to post?
Old May 15, 2006, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I cancelled the subscription after not getting any resolution.
Did you get a refund and got to keep the 1000 miles?
Old May 15, 2006, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mellowg
How long did it take for your miles to post?
The miles posted about 2 weeks after the subscription started.

As far as refund - Since I've been getting the paper ( reading it is a different matter ) I just decided to let my paid subscription run out. So I have another 4 weeks of the paper and will keep the 1100 miles.

Btw, I am PLT, so the elite offer applies.
Old May 15, 2006, 9:47 am

rubbernyc,

After placing your order did you receive an email similar to the one shown below confirming your order (from USA TODAY).

When did you place your order? And when did the 1,000 miles show up?

Thank you for subscribing to USA TODAY. Your subscription will begin on 05/18/2006.

You have selected to receive 04 weeks of USA TODAY for $12.95.
The total amount billed to your credit card, including taxes of $0.00 was $12.95.
The credit card ended with the following 4 digits: XXXX.

You have earned 1,500 AAdvantage Miles and they will be added to your account within 6-8 weeks. Plus, you will earn an additional 100 miles every 4 weeks when your subscription automatically renews on EZ-PAY.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by jmoreita
rubbernyc,

After placing your order did you receive an email similar to the one shown below confirming your order (from USA TODAY).

When did you place your order? And when did the 1,000 miles show up?

Thank you for subscribing to USA TODAY. Your subscription will begin on 05/18/2006.

The total amount billed to your credit card, including taxes of $0.00 was $12.95.

I did not receive the confirmation like you got above, only this follow up.

You have earned 1,500 AAdvantage Miles and they will be added to your account within 6-8 weeks. Plus, you will earn an additional 100 miles every 4 weeks when your subscription automatically renews on EZ-PAY.

Actually, no. The email that I received was slightly different:

Thank you for subscribing to USA TODAY. We wanted to make sure your subscription started as planned. Your delivery was scheduled to begin on 3/24/2006 via CARRIER delivery. Your account number is XXXXXXXXX.

I wonder if the link from AA was working correctly.
Old May 15, 2006, 11:22 am

I just called USA Today (800-872-0001) and when I asked how many miles were being offered with offer #333 I was told 1,000 AAdvantage miles. I then explained to the gentleman helping me that I'd just signed up over the weekend, and that I was under the impression that I would receive 1,500 miles. He put me on hold for several minutes (after asking for my account number) and when he came back on the line he told me that I would receive the 1,500 miles offered. And that he'd sent an email to the marketing department to correct their notes and update the offer to 1,500 miles.

Without a doubt though he was under the impression that the offer was 1,000 miles.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
just signed up, easy as could be,
and got confirming email referencing 1500 AA miles.

Thanks to OP ! :-: :-: :-:
that was certainly easier than BIS miles !
Old May 15, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA1MM EXP,HH SIL,Hertz 5 stars,ACmember
Originally Posted by vasantn
Where???
Sorry guys! the 7,000 bonus mile is with Earhlink... This is the link...Enjoy!https://store.earthlink.net/cgi-bin/...?deal=aa7email
Old May 15, 2006, 12:55 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Hroma
Sorry guys! the 7,000 bonus mile is with Earhlink... This is the link...Enjoy!https://store.earthlink.net/cgi-bin/...?deal=aa7email
hmmm... how reliable is their cable service? I'm pretty happy with RR at home, but if they're as good, I might take it.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I got a first e-mail from USA Today the same day as placing the subscription:

----------------------
Thank you for subscribing to USA TODAY. Your subscription will begin
on 05/17/2006.

The total amount billed to your credit card, including taxes of $0.65
was $13.60.

You have earned 1,500 AAdvantage Miles and they will be added to your
account within 6-8 weeks. Plus, you will earn an additional 100 miles
every 4 weeks when your subscription automatically renews on EZ-PAY. ...
----------------------

I also opted out of any renewals, but it looks like it automatically defaults into it anyways, to trick you into extending it. Apparantly those are MD taxes tacked on.

The next day I got another e-mail from USA Today:

----------------------

Thank you for your recent USA TODAY subscription order.
Your subscription will be sent via Morning Delivery, beginning on
05/17/2006 to the following address:

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX XXX

Your account number for this subscription is XXXXXXXXXX. This
information will allow you to manage your subscription online at
www.myusatoday.com. ...
Old May 19, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
T&C have now been changed

USAToday has now changed the terms & conditions on the offer. No longer eligible to receive the 1,500 miles per 1-month introductory subscription with no limitation on the number of introductory offers you sign up for.

The new T&C language, which wasn't there before and was only added in the last day or so, states:
Only 2700 AAdvantage Miles permitted per AAdvantage member within a 12 month period. Sign up bonus miles will be added to your account at the fourth renewal. Cancellations prior to the fourth renewal are not eligible for the 1500 bonus sign-up miles. One subscription per member per year.
Thoughts?
Old May 19, 2006, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by gopherblue
USAToday has now changed the terms & conditions on the offer. No longer eligible to receive the 1,500 miles per 1-month introductory subscription with no limitation on the number of introductory offers you sign up for.

The new T&C language, which wasn't there before and was only added in the last day or so, states:
Only 2700 AAdvantage Miles permitted per AAdvantage member within a 12 month period. Sign up bonus miles will be added to your account at the fourth renewal. Cancellations prior to the fourth renewal are not eligible for the 1500 bonus sign-up miles. One subscription per member per year.
Thoughts?
Fourth renewal? I don't want to renew at all... hmmmm.... I'll still get the 1,500 right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.