Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAToday = 1,500 miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:46 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Originally Posted by msnflyer
After reading this thread, I checked my AA account and see that they gave me the 1500 miles in June, and then took them back in August!
Just got of the phone with USAT customer service and it was confirmed with them that after the fourth renewal you get 1000 miles, not the 1500 that most signed up for. Also, she said that to get the 100 mile bonus, you have to be on EZPay. I distinctly remember checking NO EZpay when I signed up, yet right on the USAT webpage, I was on EZpay. I explained to the woman that this not what I had signed up for and to cancel the paper and refund the difference. I also told her that it's getting around the FF grapevine and don't be surprised that many AA members will be calling to cancel. This whole thing just steams me!

Sorry if this is a repeat of what other folks have already stated, but, this is just incredible and I had to vent a bit.
I hear you, my 1500 were finally returned today, I would advise anyone affected to quote gailmjohnson's message in an email to protest.

Now on to the Avis 25th anniversary issue!
Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I guess I was lucky. I got a refund of nearly all of the subscription, even though I got papers for about 2 or 3 weeks, and I got the 1500 miles to keep
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:50 am
Used to be exsynner

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Now the offer is not so hot -
Here's the current offer terms from the link in the OP:

* Terms and Conditions: Offer requires enrollment in our EZ-PAY program, our automated payment plan. Your annual subscription will be charged automatically every 4 weeks at the current published rate (currently $12.95). For all airline rewards, the sign up bonus will be awarded after 12 weeks. Cancellations prior to 12 weeks will not be eligible for the initial sign up bonus. Limit one per member per year. Offer valid in the continental US and Hawaii only. All standard airline terms and conditions apply.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
Nevermind, writing an email to AA to try to resolve this.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 5:21 am

Programs: divident miles
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Thanks for the info. And it works out to 0.85 cpm (also counting the 16 miles for charging to AA Mastercard at 1.25mi/$).
i did my calcuations , its cheapr to buy your miles hank taking this promotion.

unless you really like usatoday paper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.