Airport Upgrade List

Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Airport Upgrade List

Search was not working, and I personally don't know since I seldom fly domestically.

My wife is returning ORF-DFW-LAX on 10/4 and I had requested upgrades for her using stickers (she is PLT). ORF-DFW came through at the 72 hr window as expected, and DFW-LAX didnt (also as expected). DFW-LAX is showing F2 A0.

So she now has to put herself on the airport upgrade list, correct? Can she do that when she checks in at ORF? Or can she only do so at the gate at DFW? Hopefully it's not the latter as her DFW connection is slightly over an hour, and by the time she'll get to the DFW-LAX gate off her connecting flight, I guess she would have missed out.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by alect
So she now has to put herself on the airport upgrade list, correct? Can she do that when she checks in at ORF?
Yes.

To maximize her priority, she should check-in online at the 24-hour mark.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally Posted by alect
Search was not working, and I personally don't know since I seldom fly domestically.

My wife is returning ORF-DFW-LAX on 10/4 and I had requested upgrades for her using stickers (she is PLT). ORF-DFW came through at the 72 hr window as expected, and DFW-LAX didnt (also as expected). DFW-LAX is showing F2 A0.

So she now has to put herself on the airport upgrade list, correct? Can she do that when she checks in at ORF? Or can she only do so at the gate at DFW? Hopefully it's not the latter as her DFW connection is slightly over an hour, and by the time she'll get to the DFW-LAX gate off her connecting flight, I guess she would have missed out.
She should check in on line 24 hours prior to departure from ORF. Then, if she hasn't received the upgrade by the time she gets to the airport for the first flight from ORF, she should ask the ticket agent at the counter to put her on the airport upgrade list for the flight from DFW. Connecting passengers have higher priority (within their elite level) over originating passengers for upgrade on the connecting flight. Also, the fact that she checked in 24 hours before should give her priority over the other PLT connecting passengers who checked in later (like at the airport).

Finally, when she gets to DFW, she can check the status by calling the automated line. If she hasn't been upgraded, it's a good idea to identify herself to the gate agent, just to make it clear that she's there and still wants the upgrade. Good luck!

Last edited by card1953; Oct 1, 2005 at 6:40 pm Reason: Spelling errors

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.