Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

aa.com ticket purchase "on request"--b/c another airline on itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred

I bought a ticket on aa.com with an outbound Continental leg. Several hours later it is still showing the reservation's status as "on request." I have never seen delay of nearly this magnitude before--does having another airline on part of the res. increase the time? Can I call someone to force ticketing (my Continental upgrade window is tonight and I am hoping not to miss it).

Thanks--did a search and found nothing pertinent.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
I bought a ticket on aa.com with an outbound Continental leg. Several hours later it is still showing the reservation's status as "on request." I have never seen delay of nearly this magnitude before--does having another airline on part of the res. increase the time? Can I call someone to force ticketing (my Continental upgrade window is tonight and I am hoping not to miss it).

Thanks--did a search and found nothing pertinent.
I once booked an AA-coded Alaska Airlines flight, and it was "on request" as well. I booked it late at night, and it was already ticketed in the morning. I'm not sure how long it usually takes though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.