AA miles to upgrade/bus/first/New Zealand

Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 2mm, Fairmont Plt. Starwood Plt
AA miles to upgrade/bus/first/New Zealand

I have 800k miles on AA. I have tried to search with no results. Is there a way to get from DFW or LAX or HNL using miles to fly Bus, First or upgrade from coach to New Zealand?

Thank you
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Fly AA to LAX or start there. Fly QF LAX-AKL in business (no first on that route), or QF LAX-SYD/MEL in first and then SYD/MEL-AKL in business (no first trans-tasman).

Cant upgrade on QF (only QFF points and upgrade credits), to get into business or first would need to buy the ticket or award in the desired class.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
You must use an award ticket using your miles - say 125,000 Business or 145,000 miles First, from anywhere in North America to the South Pacific.

See AAdvantage Participant Airline Award chart. (You can not use AAdvantage miles / copyaments to upgrade on other than American Airlines metal - and AA doesn't go where you want to.) The ward would likely be on AA and partner QANTAS, though awards can be difficult to get on them and they only have Business on the LAX-AKL route, or FJ (Air Pacific, also Business, called Tabua Class,) or TN (Air Tahiti Nui) connecting through either Nadi, Fiji or Papeete, Tahiti, respectively. (In my experience, AKL and BNE seem to be easier to get an award seat than to SYD, or MEL...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.