Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Please use this thread to report and discuss American Airlines and America Eagle (including SkyWest, ExpressJet etc. operated flights) flights occurring in C/Y 2013.

Happy New Year - may your flights be uncomplicated and on time. The 2012 thread can be found here.

Thanks! American AAdvantage Moderation Team

1/3/14 ADDENDUM: This thread is now closed - please see the 2014 thread here:

Last edited by dstan; Jan 3, 2014 at 2:38 pm Reason: update OP
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:51 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
On New Years Day, I have -no- idea how I'm gonna put up with another entire year of "the new AA". It sure seems that -every- flight I'm on during the last three months is delayed and/or cancelled due to "Maintenance". Are the airplanes really THAT crappily maintained, suddenly during the last 3 months?

Some people believe the pilots are fabricating the maintenance issues in order to inconvenience the customers. I hate to admit it, but I'm in this camp. It bothers me a lot. First, what kind of business model pays you MORE money if you do a CRUMMIER job? Second, there is only a very tiny difference between "let's invent a maintenance problem to inconvenience the customers" and "let's use a parachute to bail out at altitude and REALLY inconvenience the customers". When the pilots in command have a mindset of "let's give the customers a hard time", well, it worries me, a lot.

Are other frequent flyers experiencing similar disappointment in our airline?

Last edited by CloudCoder; Jan 1, 2013 at 7:01 pm Reason: Changed "people in charge" to "pilots in command"
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:19 pm

Most of their miles are logged by 30 year old planes... I had my first flight mess of the year today with mechanicals on the 3pm ORD-DFW forcing a misconnect and made them put me on a delta flight since it was the only way to get to my final destination today. Doubt I was alone.

At least the staff are friendly. Still beats flying United.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
AA 846 09-JAN-2013 9:50pm (now midnight)

My MIA-DCA flight has been delayed repeatedly, now scheduled to leave here at midnight.

Earlier was told the plane out of Houston was delayed, was just taking off at the time and planned arrival at MIA 11pm, had a 11:20pm departure at that time.

Is there a point that they will cancel it and make me go at 6am ?

At least I got the upgrade to first.

Unfortunately I've got to get over to D9 from D30 AA Lounge. Not motivated to set up in the D15 lounge, have already tipped the bartender here.

With a 2.5 hour delay, is AA going to send me a voucher or miles ?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by 4aks
My MIA-DCA flight has been delayed repeatedly, now scheduled to leave here at midnight.

Earlier was told the plane out of Houston was delayed, was just taking off at the time and planned arrival at MIA 11pm, had a 11:20pm departure at that time.

Is there a point that they will cancel it and make me go at 6am ?

At least I got the upgrade to first.

Unfortunately I've got to get over to D9 from D30 AA Lounge. Not motivated to set up in the D15 lounge, have already tipped the bartender here.

With a 2.5 hour delay, is AA going to send me a voucher or miles ?
The inbound is in flight, so any further delays should be very minor. You'll go tonight.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Parts of Texas had heavy rain most of the day.

I suspect that other flights were also delayed. I hope that others inconvenienced by the weather follow your lead and post.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 9, 2013 at 11:37 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:37 pm

Last edited by Hewness; Mar 1, 2013 at 1:34 am Reason: Couple grammar fixes
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:06 pm

For a 4 hour delay that included an emergency landing at MIA I was given 5000 miles without asking. This was on Dec 16 I think.

I was given a trip in vain and refund (1) due to scheduled flights the following day by asking.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:11 pm

The gear was fine the whole time, it was the landing gear door that would not close. The firetrucks are greeting you almost anytime there's an overweight landing which, even given the relatively short distance to TUL was probably overweight due to the extra fuel you didn't burn off along with their fear along with the small chance that the landing gear indication was also damaged or incorrect.

For more information and a cool track of your flight: http://avherald.com/h?article=45bd6272&opt=0

And while slightly off topic I had a similar incident with a 737 in MIA, emergency landing, arriving LAX 4hrs late at 4am, and was credited 5k miles to my acct without asking a few days later.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:19 pm

Last edited by Hewness; Mar 1, 2013 at 1:34 am
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: AA
2043 cancelled

Flight 2043 PHL-ORD cancelled 1/13/13 - weather is fine here, not sure if IT'S weather is the issue or something else. Got 2 of 3 of us rebooked today. Any insights to satisfy my curiousity are appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by polkacat
Flight 2043 PHL-ORD cancelled 1/13/13 - weather is fine here, not sure if IT'S weather is the issue or something else. Got 2 of 3 of us rebooked today. Any insights to satisfy my curiousity are appreciated.
It seems that your aircraft was re-assigned elsewhere. That aircraft originates as Flight 1820 in Tucson, flies to ORD, then turns into 2296 to PHL, then is 2043 on the return to ORD. The aircraft arrived in ORD, and then they cancelled both 2296 and 2043, so I think another flight got your equipment.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:45 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by polkacat
ORD-PHL Cancelled due to ATC delays. That caused the cancellation of your PHL-ORD.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA
Thanks, curiosity satisfied.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:09 pm

Flt 174 RDU-LHR diverted to ORD

So, I get a call from a bud who was going to DXB via LHR from RDU - "Surprise, I'm in Chicago!" Apparently there was a problem with "pressurization" and that Chicago could handle all of the necessary rebooking best, so they diverted there.

Hmmm.

I told him to get off the phone with me and to get on the phone with American while they were still taxi-ing. Doesn't sound like a wait for repairs, but rather rebookings.

Any other insights?

(As an amusing side note, this guy was one flight short of EXP for 2013 and he decided not to bother, saying "I don't think it buys me anything." )

Last edited by smithrh; Jan 13, 2013 at 8:13 pm Reason: Oops - sorry didn't see the consolidated thread...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.