Wiki Posts
Search

best seat on m80 and m83

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

best seat on m80 and m83

Hi Folks,

what's the best available seat for business class on m80 and m83? This is my first time in business class and hope to have a good experience.

thanks
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Business class on a MD-80/83.....I don't think so. First class cabin yes....check out www.seatguru.com but now it is getting out dated b/c of the extended F cabin. It is said that the EF side has better legroom. Cheers.

Last edited by zsmith2; Apr 3, 2005 at 9:17 pm
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Since the inauguration of LRTC / LRIPOF or whatever, anything on the port side will (once all aircraft are reconfigured Mad Dogs) have less seat pitch than anything on the starboard side.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 3, 2005 at 7:42 pm
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
no "biz" class, AA labels the 2 class domestics "First" and coach. Choose the 2-seat side (as posted above) if in coach, and try to get seats in front of the exit row or the exit row for slightly more legroom. not sure about First class
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by bursa
no "biz" class, AA labels the 2 class domestics "First" and coach. Choose the 2-seat side (as posted above) if in coach, and try to get seats in front of the exit row or the exit row for slightly more legroom. not sure about First class
They may be traveling to Canada or the Caribbean, in which case, what is normally the First Class Cabin is referred to as Business Class.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 8:10 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Not just RUMOR .. someone measured the AB vs EF pitches on the new congifured MDs.

AB is up to 2" LESS room.

Opt for EF.

Correct, the 'front of the bus' can be labled Business Class or First Class depending on the market. Rows 3-6 are the 'front'.

Personal favorites.. 3F (curl up tho hate climbing over someone) and 6F (but then the kids in 7F may scream...)
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:56 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Originally Posted by studley
They may be traveling to Canada or the Caribbean, in which case, what is normally the First Class Cabin is referred to as Business Class.
With the new meals, I thought maybe they were now calling First by it's true name...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by djev
With the new meals, I thought maybe they were now calling First by it's true name...
If you are referring to inter-European business class, then it would be the opposite: J food but Y seat.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:24 am

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
If you are referring to inter-European business class, then it would be the opposite: J food but Y seat.
No, just that F isn't really F anymore...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by needmomile
Hi Folks,

what's the best available seat for business class on m80 and m83? This is my first time in business class and hope to have a good experience.

thanks
3B. Front row, left side, aisle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.