Wiki Posts
Search

International Bus Award, AC question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
International Bus Award, AC question

If I am traveling on an international Business award ticket, do I get to use the Admirals club that day? I am gold status.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA-1MM
Yes. You should get to use the AC facilities and you will get drink vouchers too!! But you have to remember the international may not apply to Canada or Mexico. You may want to check that. I have done this several times on award trans-atlantic and trans-pacific flights.......

Enjoy the drinkies!!!!
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by AKLDUBFlyer
Yes. You should get to use the AC facilities and you will get drink vouchers too!! But you have to remember the international may not apply to Canada or Mexico. You may want to check that. I have done this several times on award trans-atlantic and trans-pacific flights.......

Enjoy the drinkies!!!!
Thanks!

DFW-BOS-CDG (There were no DFW-CDG B- Class awards available 8 months ago). Coming back through LGW and I see from the AA website that there is not a AC there. Maybe I can get in the BA lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by AKLDUBFlyer
Yes. You should get to use the AC facilities and you will get drink vouchers too!! But you have to remember the international may not apply to Canada or Mexico.

Remember that "International" for lounge access purposes means that you must be traveling to, from, or through a city in Europe, Asia, Central/South America, and/or Mexico City on the same calendar day when you are on the international segment(s) (so technically you would get access on departure AND arrival days if you are on an overnight flight).

You will not get lounge access if you are traveling exclusively within the USA or to/from/through Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, or the Caribbean, on any given day. In other words, if your DFW-BOS segment is on the same day as the departure of your BOS-CDG segment, then you will get AC access at both DFW and BOS. If your DFW-BOS segment is not on the same day as BOS-CDG, then you will get access at BOS only. Ditto on the return.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by envgeo
Thanks!

DFW-BOS-CDG (There were no DFW-CDG B- Class awards available 8 months ago). Coming back through LGW and I see from the AA website that there is not a AC there. Maybe I can get in the BA lounge.

AC members and eligible premium passengers may use the BA Terraces lounge at LGW, but they must pick up an "invitation" from AA ticket counter personnel in order to access the lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by envgeo
Thanks!

You will be able to use the BA Terraces at LGW.

Just to expend on the previous post: No AC/OW use based on status or class of service:

Domestic including Hawaii and Alaska (unless flying F or Z fare on a transcon)
Mexico (except Mexico City)
Canada
Bermuda
Bahamas
Caribbean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.