Wiki Posts
Search

Big Changes Ahead?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Big Changes Ahead?

In talking with an AA pilot friend tonight I was told that the Chief Pilots in Boston, Washington and Miami have responded to a rumor that AA is about to announce the parking of up to 70 additional airplanes and the furlough of up to additional 1000 pilots.

They did not deny the rumor.

In fact the BOS Chief Pilot, when asked directly by a junior F/O if he should be looking for other employment, replied "...that if something were offered he should take it..."

Speculation has it that the announcement could come as early as tomorrow when AA announces Q3 results.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty of rumors are swirling about that AA will soon ground the 34 A-300s, but the lack of any other available aircraft in AA's inventory to carry the substantial pax and freight load makes me skeptical. But if anything big is announced, tomorrow is probably when it happens, judging by the last few quarterly earnings announcements.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:29 pm

I don't know if it has to do with the parking of planes, but there are definately some changes coming to the pilot ranks. My brother is an AA MD-80 F/O (not former TWA) and he is having to take a reassignment to JFK from STL due to something that has to do with the TWA LLC. Don't ask me the details, but Nov 1, 2004, means something in terms of what they agreed to with the TWA pilots union when AA took over TWA.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Details got rolled in here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364989

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.