Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Ginnybakes now in snack basket, issues "exclusive cookie" press release & retracts it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ginnybakes now in snack basket, issues "exclusive cookie" press release & retracts it

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Post Ginnybakes now in snack basket, issues "exclusive cookie" press release & retracts it

Moderator Note

Since the original press release surrounding this issue has been retracted, the decision has been taken to remove the quote of it from this thread. I've therefore removed the quote from tom911's post but left the web link intact, though that link now no longer contains the text of the press release.

Remnants of the release may be found elsewhere on the Internet (at the moment, here and here). Please feel free to discuss the release and the ginnybakes cookies in this thread.

~AA Moderation Team

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 7, 2015 at 7:33 pm Reason: Add emphases to clarify links
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post Ginnybakes press release, now retracted: "Exclusive Cookie for AA First Class"

<quote removed>

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.VXCNfDY4nTY
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Coconut oatmeal bliss sounds like an oxymoron to me. I *like* gluten in my cookies.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are all of their product gluten-free or is that just an option?
Is AA aware of how tiny the population that really can't eat gluten is?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:01 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Cookies are something intended, and works best, to be simple. Just like ice cream.

If someone wants to go nuts (pun intended) there are plenty of bakery goods that you can go crazy with many different ingredients.

Coconut oatmeal cookie :/
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
It appears that all of their cookies are both gluten-free and vegan - which, for me, is the furthest thing from bliss.

http://www.ginnybakes.com/
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Is 6/4 some kind of April Fools Day somewhere?

Maybe they taste delicious, and I'll end up eating my words, but the description would send me running the other direction in the store.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I hope I'm wrong, but I fear these cookies macaroons will be the biggest AA catering debacle since the soy nut fiasco of 2005.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by swag
I hope I'm wrong, but I fear these cookies macaroons will be the biggest AA catering debacle since the soy nut fiasco of 2005.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Wow. AA still just doesn't get it.

And to think it's cheaper to buy raw cookie dough and bake it on board than any of this garbage.

That said - I do like gluten free cookies, they aren't as bad as people think. But still, this just shows how out-of-touch US Airways is.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Y.U.C.K.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I don't understand.....is this cookie going be to on the tray like Deltas Dancing Deer brownie or is this replacing the after dinner (3rd service) cookie that used to be baked on board but is now warmed onboard?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:45 pm

I think it's great that AA is being aware of people with celiacs disease and trying to make sure they feel welcome. However, I hope they are going to be making this an option, and not the only kind of cookies they offer--in my experience, gluten free and vegan cookies tend not to be as tasty as gluten cookies made with dairy.

(On the bright side, it looks like these are oatmeal cookies, which are a good choice. Oatmeal cookies are one of the few "normal" kinds of cookies which don't have gluten, so it allows AA to appeal to people who do and do not eat gluten. On the not bright side, I've never been a huge fan of oatmeal cookies.)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I guess my waistline is happy - they sound worse than the garbage they were serving post 9/1. Wow.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:04 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I'm not a gluten free person but I have had these in the past. They're actually quite good. I'm happy to have a less-processed sweets option, for a change!

May not be GOOD for you, per se, but better for you than Chips Ahoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.