Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcano & policies [AA at SJO]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Volcano & policies [AA at SJO]

SJO (CR) was closed again today after volcanic ash smothered the area for 2nd time in past 30 days. Increasing eruptions in size and frequency require due diligence I suppose, so I have a question.

1) It has to do with sensitivity to increasingly bad air quality. Even without ash significant to close SJO, particulate is getting bad. Irritating ash emits about every 3rd day, enough to cause respiration discomforts and concerns.
So is this a health issue and is it enough for flt changes (without fee) at american air?

Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
As long as AA has not posted a notice about the volcano on its website, you'll pay a fee for changing your flight. The only factor that has entered in so far is the closure of SJO, but not air quality.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

jibbidy,

As the answer to your question lies firmly with AA, I have moved this thread over to the American Airlines forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The place to keep an eye on is American's Travel Policy and Travel Notices page:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...avelAlerts.jsp

Without a travel policy for SJO such as there is in force for Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE); Santiago, Chile (SCL) and Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD) you'll be unlikely to get waivers.

Beijing has worse air to breathe, yet they fly there every day.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

[AA at SJO]

Ok good on post move; had not sufficient knowledge of the board to know where to post the question I reckon.
Thanks for the info, checking Bejing off my destination list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.