Wiki Posts
Search

No service on night time flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
No service on night time flight?

I am in F on a 757 10:15pm from LIH/LAX and have been reading a live TP on the BA board where the OP states that there is no service on night time AA flights. He said no drinks except for water and only some nuts if you asked.

Can this be right? Traveling paid F on a 5 1/2 hour flight and no service at All?!

It says on my itinerary "Meal-Brunch"
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, only water and a dry crust of bread. Requests for "more, please" will be severely punished.

All joking aside, after takeoff you'll be offered your choice of beverage (alcoholic or non) and likely some warm nuts. A light breakfast or snack will be served prior to arrival in LA.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242
Yes, only water and a dry crust of bread. Requests for "more, please" will be severely punished.

All joking aside, after takeoff you'll be offered your choice of beverage (alcoholic or non) and likely some warm nuts. A light breakfast or snack will be served prior to arrival in LA.
Thanks for that, I couldn't bear not having my AA Bloody Marys^

Last edited by moneypooraviosrich; Apr 5, 2015 at 4:32 pm Reason: Changed comma to apostrophe
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it me or there a sudden rash of posts on this topic?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242

According to AA's own literature there is no meal service after 8pm and have have heard anecdotal evidence that there is no meal service at night from a few people now.
I have contacted CS to get an answer.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The 8 pm "might" apply to domestic--I can't believe this would carry over to INTL, many of which leave as late as 11:30 pm.
I've been in BC (over 6 months ago) LAX to JFK, there was more than snack stuff (if you were awake).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
According to AA's own literature there is no meal service after 8pm and have have heard anecdotal evidence that there is no meal service at night from a few people now.
I have contacted CS to get an answer.
The service on the ex-Hawaii redeye flights is minimal. The FAs will not disturb you for a drink order, nuts, or even the pre-arrival "meal" (which is usually something like a croissant w/ fruit, etc..) if you are sleeping.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
No service on red eyes excepts JFK-LAX/SFO and MIA-LAX thanks to Parker and Co.

But effective May 1st, meal service on this and dozens of other redeye routes is being reintroduced.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Do you mean the ex Hawaii redeye flights are getting meals re-introduced?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Do you mean the ex Hawaii redeye flights are getting meals re-introduced?
Yes. All redeyes that had meal service pre-9/1 are getting meals introduced on May 1st.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yes. All redeyes that had meal service pre-9/1 are getting meals introduced on May 1st.
Thank you. It's not life and death but just helps knowing whether we need to eat before the flight or not and have more time before we get to the airport.^
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Not sure that I would call it a full meal - it's referenced as Plated Snacks. However, it's a huge improvement over what we have now. http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....tarting-may-1/
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:24 am

Is there actually a full meal offered on LAX/JFK for a 9 PM departure?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by brxtoday
Is there actually a full meal offered on LAX/JFK for a 9 PM departure?
Yes, served on one tray.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by nrr
The 8 pm "might" apply to domestic--I can't believe this would carry over to INTL, many of which leave as late as 11:30 pm.
I've been in BC (over 6 months ago) LAX to JFK, there was more than snack stuff (if you were awake).
Full meal on AA80 in business class last week. That was well past 8pm. So I concur with your INTL theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.