Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Less than a month now until BA EC earnings plummet - when will we get our bad news?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Less than a month now until BA EC earnings plummet - when will we get our bad news?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

So, as previously reported and discussed at length on that forum earnings on discounted BA flights for their own EC members will become seriously devalued on April 28. What mystifies me a bit is that aa.com is still cheerfully showing 100% earning rates with all BA fare classes. I find it hard to believe that they won't match, at least for BA flights and very possibly for their own as well, at least on competing routes (although it would be fantastic, and very possibly a shrewd business decision, not to). Or move to earnings-related systems like DL and UA have done. Also, it is probably quite telling that BA hasn't yet announced changes in earning rates for partner flights. But, if such a bombshell is coming our way, will it really be announced with less than a month to go? At least BA offers the old earnings rates for flights booked prior to April 28 - I somehow doubt that the systems are sophisticated enough to allow AA to do that for BA flights.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
...Or move to earnings-related systems like DL and UA have done. Also, it is probably quite telling that BA hasn't yet announced changes in earning rates for partner flights. But, if such a bombshell is coming our way, will it really be announced with less than a month to go? At least BA offers the old earnings rates for flights booked prior to April 28 - I somehow doubt that the systems are sophisticated enough to allow AA to do that for BA flights.
There's nothing of the sort on the immediate AAgenda. AA's 2015 program was modified to it's current state previously.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
There's nothing of the sort on the immediate AAgenda. AA's 2015 program was modified to it's current state previously.
I hope you are right - but do you really think they're going to continue giving full credit on discounted BA flights? I'm not saying it wouldn't be smart - there are hoards of disgruntled EC members out there - but aren't they supposed to be partners?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:51 am
Suspended

I hope you are right - but do you really think they're going to continue giving full credit on discounted BA flights? I'm not saying it wouldn't be smart - there are hoards of disgruntled EC members out there - but aren't they supposed to be partners?
While I certainly can't say I know the answer to that for 100% certain, I -do- know for 100% certain all the other associated changes you mention in connection are not on the table.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Obviously, airlines can announce changes to their programs any time, as AA did last April. But the word, as JonNYC reliably says, is that this year no major changes are expected. IAG is IAG - they've announced significant changes affecting BAEC and Iberia Plus members. Will AA respond and how? We can only speculate until an announcement (or chart change) is made.

And about what changes 2016 may bring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.