Wiki Posts
Search

New AA.com account interface

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold

Looks like they just updated to a new interface at the same time as merging in DM accounts. I like the look better than the old 1990s interface, although it's not as compact so I can't see as much without scrolling. It's nice that their website has a consistent look. ^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:36 am

Yeah, looks pretty good. All web design these days is so tablet-focused, though, everything is always spread out so much and annoying to read on a regular monitor.

Nice that they have the "we're still working to combine your accounts" indicator. I appreciate that they realize that people will be curious about this, and want to be kept up to date.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
The new site won't let me log in with my AA credentials, even though it says I can once I've logged in with my US credentials. It's clearly going to take time for this to sort itself out, but so far I'm unimpressed with that and the organization of the account page.

When I flew them, if I was logging in, it was almost always to check recent activity to ensure I received credit for a flight. Right now, that's at the bottom of the page, after a credit card pitch. Once per year I make a big award purchase and that's when I'm interested in the totals.

Last edited by sinanju; Mar 28, 2015 at 7:41 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Noticed login now requires FF#, last name, and password.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
I like the look. One thing I noticed: it now shows the precheck logo by my number (I assume that is because I have a known traveler # in my profile).
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Looks like they just updated to a new interface at the same time as merging in DM accounts. I like the look better than the old 1990s interface, although it's not as compact so I can't see as much without scrolling. It's nice that their website has a consistent look. ^
Super inefficient layout IMHO. Way too large font and spacing. I have no idea on how do these people design these sites. You'd think they have the budget for some comprehensive User Experience studies..

And to your 2nd comment, as soon as you click on "My Trips", you get the "legacy" look
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm wondering about the last name thing. Are they expecting duplicate FF#'s?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:06 am

Just notice my advantage number on the usairways.com website. looks like to accounts and status are merged only waiting mileage transfer now.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Catbert10
I'm wondering about the last name thing. Are they expecting duplicate FF#'s?
Probably a security measure to prevent account hacking. The FF# is predictable; everybody uses secret123 as a password; guessing the last name makes it more complicated to get in.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Super inefficient layout IMHO. Way too large font and spacing. I have no idea on how do these people design these sites.
It's because web developers these days are infatuated with tablets and mobile, and the rest of us, who use *gasp* actual computers and can't pinch/zoom everything, are just left to deal with it.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Noticed on Chrome that the Summary/Progress selector and further down the Activity/Upgrades/Million Miler button links to update the shown content do nothing (Don't have IE to try it on today)

EDIT: looks like Safari is fine, Chrome 42.xx beta builds may be the issue, trying on 41.xx (but now AA.COM won't login!)

Last edited by NickP 1K; Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Zaynab
Probably a security measure to prevent account hacking. The FF# is predictable; everybody uses secret123 as a password; guessing the last name makes it more complicated to get in.
If it's for security, would seem better for them to use date of birth or something else that doesn't appear on paper boarding passes.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:43 am

Looks like their system is down to request your flyernumber/account number.
Glad I didn't need to book anything anytime soon.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
looks like their system is down, period.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
yep. no aa website response...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.