Where Did the Movies Go on the 319s?

Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just told AA to piss off by booking my next business trip on DL

Last edited by AANYC1981; Mar 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I wish they'd take out the stupid AVOD screens and equipment that eats up all the legroom. All anyone should need on short and medium hauls is power, wifi, and streaming entertainment.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I usually do not download movies when flying the A321 (so far no flights on the A319 out of MIA for me). If AA is going to change that I'd like to know ahead of time, particularly for routes like MIA/DFW.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Had this problem on my first two A319 flights (DFW-MCI & MCI-MIA). For the first flight, I thought it was just due to the length, but then it didn't work for MCI-MIA. Wasn't sure what was happening.

Flew MCI-MIA-YUL on Wednesday and the movies were enabled..
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:32 pm

The movies option is also now missing on the new 737's. just music and TV shows as choices on the seatback video. I was on a brand new 737 that still had that new plane smell.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Flew DFW-NAS on 3/14, and it was a 738 equipped with only overhead monitors.

Thought it was strange that they were only running NBC inflight tv shows, when I distinctly remember AA showing movies on overhead monitors on 738's on DFW-MIA not too long ago.

Considering DFW-NAS is 1300mi, whereas DFW-MIA is only 1121mi, I'm wondering based upon the other posts, if Di$count Doug is starting to pare back IFE offerings on both AVOD aircraft, and those with overhead monitors.

After all, Di$count Dougie ripped out all IFE [sans inflight wifi] on all domestic US planes.

Maybe the IFE scaling back is the harmonization between carriers? Or maybe these are just flukes we're all experiencing?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
The movies option is also now missing on the new 737's. just music and TV shows as choices on the seatback video. I was on a brand new 737 that still had that new plane smell.
Maybe just a glitch? Flew a new 738 with new IFE this morning, movies were available (at least in F). But not at first, crew had to restart the system several times and at one point even announced that IFE wasn't working, but about 30 min into the flight it started working.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:49 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Sadly, it's not a glitch...

I'm on the 321-T in MCE and found out that movies now come with a price. $8 for movies in theatres and $6 for older titles. $5 if you want to watch something that isn't on NBC. $4 to keep your kids happy with a Disney package. Even Jeff Smisek doesn't charge for movies in E+.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uxb
I'm on the 321-T in MCE and found out that movies now come with a price. $8 for movies in theatres and $6 for older titles. $5 if you want to watch something that isn't on NBC. $4 to keep your kids happy with a Disney package. Even Jeff Smisek doesn't charge for movies in E+.
On a 6 hour flight? Really?

And then AA complains that customers are choosing to fly EK/EY/QR over a U.S. carrier.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:05 am
uxb

Originally Posted by hillrider
On a 6 hour flight? Really?

And then AA complains that customers are choosing to fly EK/EY/QR over a U.S. carrier.
I was a bit shocked to see this myself. That, and the fact that half of F is filled with AA employees. Oh, and apparently, people that were 10-17 on the upgrade list were cleared before people who were... say 1 or 2. Apparently, we were too far down (if you hold the list upside down).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by uxb
Of course he does. DirecTV equipped planes come with a charge...

Originally Posted by uxb
I was a bit shocked to see this myself. That, and the fact that half of F is filled with AA employees. Oh, and apparently, people that were 10-17 on the upgrade list were cleared before people who were... say 1 or 2. Apparently, we were too far down (if you hold the list upside down).
Couple explanations for this- doesn't mean that 10-17 got upgraded ahead of 1-16.

And UA F (three cabin) usually has several employees in it. Many here on FT call it Employee Class. With UDU in effect, you'll usually only see them on three cabin planes..
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:01 am
uxb

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Of course he does. DirecTV equipped planes come with a charge...
Is the PS service DirecTV equipped? I've never paid for a movie whilst flying United domestic or international.

Couple explanations for this- doesn't mean that 10-17 got upgraded ahead of 1-16.

And UA F (three cabin) usually has several employees in it. Many here on FT call it Employee Class. With UDU in effect, you'll usually only see them on three cabin planes..
Isn't their entire domestic fleet 2-class (unless you count E+ as a class)?

Last edited by uxb; Mar 30, 2015 at 5:17 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uxb
Is the PS service DirecTV equipped? I've never paid for a movie whilst flying United domestic or international.
P.s. has free movies in Y and is not DirecTV equipped. Non p.s. planes equipped with DirecTV charge for TV and movies..

Originally Posted by uxb
Isn't their entire domestic fleet 2-class (unless you count E+ as a class)?
Nope. sUA 772, 763, and 747s have F/J/Y..
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:01 am
uxb

P.s. has free movies in Y and is not DirecTV equipped. Non p.s. planes equipped with DirecTV charge for TV and movies..

Nope. sUA 772, 763, and 747s have F/J/Y..
Add injury to insult... My iPad was stolen from the overhead bin. It was sitting in my bag. Now it's not.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
How much money is AA saving by not allowing movies on short flights? If the content is digital and already loaded on the system then there is no cost savings, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.