Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary changed by AA:

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jix
Originally Posted by tom911
AA can still get you to HKG, so I don't see them booking you on partners. Sometimes the rerouting computers don't accommodate passengers appropriately when there are other options.
Yeah I figured as much, was hoping for a better timing and routing via CX codeshare but oh well. I know I can get the YYZ-DFW-HKG and back easily if I call.

So, question, if I wait longer until all the cheaper fare class are sold on the route, does it mean I'll likely get reticketed into B fare (I had Q fare booked) and hence a higher chance of upgrade into the next cabin? I should have PLT status by the time I take the flight.

What's the relationship between TheSinister and jix? They are both writing about this in the first person.
I just have a similar question and wanted some feedback.

No. You can't game the system like that. You're supposed to be rebooked in your initial fare class, even if that means opening up new inventory. You also risk the flight being sold out in coach so that's not so bright.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Here's what AA tell agents in such situations: (I would assume the overnight represents a change of over 90 minutes)

AA Flights - Customer Does Not Accept New Itinerary

So, If in economy then any flight with up to B Fare bucket availability. If in business and/or first, any flight with business and/or first availability.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Not sure if I should start a new thread for this...my itinerary was changed also.

Original itinerary: ONT-PHX-EWR-JFK-BHX (redeye between PHX and EWR)

Current itinerary: ONT-PHX-DWF-EWR-JFK-BHX (9hr overnight layover @ PHX ::fuming:: )

Flights booked on U. I only discovered they changed my itinerary by logging into the mobile app. I can't view it on AA.com, asks me to call. It seems they changed the PHX-EWR leg from Saaver to Anytime fares only. However, the entire original itinerary is now only available as a revenue fare.

From the previous responses, I'm guessing I can change PHX-DWF-EWR back to just PHX-EWR, since there are (revenue) seats available.

ONT is a co-terminal of LAX, but the ONT-PHX leg is on US; is it possible to change the itinerary to LAX-JFK-BHX? LAX-JFK on AA metal.

I guess I could pay the change fee and do LAX-LHR instead and fly on the AA 777 nonstop (put U on hold). I'd gain about half a day of travel, but still need to go up to LPL. But who's to say they wont change this itinerary also?

Last edited by indelible; Feb 17, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.