Search

Can you change seats once booked ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
Can you change seats once booked ?

Hey guys,
Am flying with AA from LHR to LAX (in May), flight 109 (codeshare with US Airways)...

I booked via a broker for a US Airways ticket on the AA plane, so my guess is, I have the lowest economy seat ticket...
At the moment, when I log-in to AA, I can see our booking, and it will let me pick seats, lets me pick for free the seats you 'Dont' want, and it gives me options of:
$65 each for the couples seat at rear of the plane...
or $135 / $109 for 2 seats in Main Cabin Extra...

My thought is the MCE seats are not worth that cost...
However, I was thinking about booking 2 seats on the last row of 3 at the rear of the plane, booking: A & C
The flight is on a Sunday, so am guessing it wont be a mega full flight....

However, I read that when u check-in 24hrs to go, I can then pick any seat in economy, as long as its not been booked already...
So plan would be to book A & C seats in a 3 row config, then as soon as they become available for free, book the 2 row config at the rear of the plane...
Can I do that, change seats on the flights ?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by StuartUK
Yes, you can change your seats anytime you want, but the later you leave it the higher the chance that someone else will take the seats you want...

So if your plan is to grab seats at the 24 hour point then do plan to log in right around then as many others will be doing the same thing ...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by StuartUK
My thought is the MCE seats are not worth that cost...
However, I was thinking about booking 2 seats on the last row of 3 at the rear of the plane, booking: A & C
The flight is on a Sunday, so am guessing it wont be a mega full flight....

However, I read that when u check-in 24hrs to go, I can then pick any seat in economy, as long as its not been booked already...
So plan would be to book A & C seats in a 3 row config, then as soon as they become available for free, book the 2 row config at the rear of the plane...
According to seatguru, 40C does not recline. Probably don't want to spend 10+ hours in a seat that doesn't recline. If you don't want to spend the extra $$ for MCE, then choose another A/C J/L combo near the back of the plane. Maybe you will get lucky and the middle seat will remain empty. Personally I would spend the extra for MCE. That's a long flight and the extra 5" of legroom and 1" of hip room would be nice over the 10 hours.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...777-300_ER.php
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
Cheers guys
Plan is to fly MCE on the way back, as our trip is all about going to Vegas, so should have a nice win to pay the extra on the seats!
Usually fly the couples seats on the 747 planes at the rear, just AA charging $65 for those at the moment, trying to avoid that, but at same time, trying to avoid being sat next to someone too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.