Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to AA fare basis codes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent work! Here's an offer of a slight revision.

P (in second position): peak season
H (in second position): high season
K (in second position): shoulder season
L (in second position): low season

These type of fares are typically not present in the domestic market.

Also, the X/W (midweek/weekend) indicators are usually in position 3 (at least on international fares)

Last edited by hillrider; Jan 13, 2005 at 8:54 am Reason: Added peak season
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Sorry still a little confused

Thanks for all the explaination but bear with me for a little longer.

I thought when AA matched Delta's fare structure changes, they included the maximum domestic fares. Below is a press release from AA website. Somewhere I read the maximum of First Class, but I can't remember which paper - sorry.

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pr...ew_fares.jhtml

Also you state
"Find an itinerary that meets the rules of the fares and has appropriate availability and book it on aa.com or wherever."

What do you mean by this - "meets the rules of the fares"?

If I look on aa.com for a specific route and day, how do I find that a specific class code? It always seems that my routes and times are higher than listed.
Thanks again
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by jkfb1
I thought when AA matched Delta's fare structure changes, they included the maximum domestic fares. Below is a press release from AA website.
That's not what that press release you reference says. And they are talking about the LOWEST walkup fare. If the lowest walkup fare is $499, they could charge you $499 for a K26Z but $9999 for a Y26TOOMUCHMONEY.

What do you mean by this - "meets the rules of the fares"?
If you have a W fare that requires a 14-day advance and allows you to leave on Tuesdays only, then you need to search by schedule, looking for a flight that has W availability on a Tuesday more than 14 days from now.

If I look on aa.com for a specific route and day, how do I find that a specific class code? It always seems that my routes and times are higher than listed.
I'd try to see if you can get your desired fare to price out at matrix.itasoftware.com. If all else fails you can call AA and shell out the $5 or call a travel agent.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by hillrider
Here's an offer of a slight revision.
Thanks for the revision!

^
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Thanks for all the work

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this. I'm sure I'll get better at this as time goes on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.