Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA 763 / 767-300 Economy / coach Row 17 crew rest "superseat" (consolidated)

LAA 763 / 767-300 Economy / coach Row 17 crew rest "superseat" (consolidated)

Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Well i have already posted pictures before for this thread, but here are new ones. I still can't reach the bulkhead with my feet. I chopped my sister in law face for privacy so sorry for the ghosty effect. 4/4 seats were operative....

I did noticed ... they replaced the elbow upholstery on some of the seats. Looks the same, just brand new. They were very beaten up.

It was very good for the baby. Better privacy and could sleep well. She behaved like a champ!, no crying or anything very peaceful.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:18 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Renewing this thread - on domestic flights, are the seats in row 17 still only gate assigned upon request or is it available on the seat maps in advance?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by PHL
Renewing this thread - on domestic flights, are the seats in row 17 still only gate assigned upon request or is it available on the seat maps in advance?
Still only at the gate upon request, however, if you mange to get in there right when the GA unlocks it, you might be able to assign it to yourself...
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta
I currently have booked on an AA 767-300 in seats 21AB for the 4 hour flight from PHL to SXM. I understand those are some of the best seats on the plane (albeit cold sometimes).

My question is -- if 17AB/HJ are available at check-in, should I try to move to those? If I understand right, those seats are not MCE like 21, so we would lose our free drinks -- but are the seats in 17 worth that upgrade from 21?

Or should I be happy I was able to snag 21AB?

Thanks for your advice!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyerscott70
I currently have booked on an AA 767-300 in seats 21AB for the 4 hour flight from PHL to SXM. I understand those are some of the best seats on the plane (albeit cold sometimes).

My question is -- if 17AB/HJ are available at check-in, should I try to move to those? If I understand right, those seats are not MCE like 21, so we would lose our free drinks -- but are the seats in 17 worth that upgrade from 21?

Thanks for your advice!
its completely private seat away from others. I would take it over free drinks. It can be only assigned at the gate or at check in counter
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Thanks for your advice!
Id trade for those in a second.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Thanks for your advice!
Leave the gun. Take the connoli............. I mean leave the free drinks, take row 17.
Worth it, even if you have to buy your own drink
the phoenix likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta
Thanks all for the replies. I don't expect to be able to get them, but wondering if I should try! So -- I'll try!

Flying down to Anguilla to propose to my (hopefully!) soon-to-be wife. 🥰
ExpatExp and EdV like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks all for the replies. I don't expect to be able to get them, but wondering if I should try! So -- I'll try!

Flying down to Anguilla to propose to my (hopefully!) soon-to-be wife. 🥰
Theyre still be best economy seats, by far. So, yes, its always worth the try at the gate on a flight under hours.

The first post has been updated with a link to a TPG article and photos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.