Original Poster

I'm not taking chances with the club sentinels

Here's a letter I just composed:

"American Airlines Admirals Club
P.O. Box 676399
Dallas TX 75267-6399

RE: Admirals Club

Dear Sir or Madam:

Both myself and a companion are departing on December 27, 2003 from PHL to SJD on first/business class award tickets issued from my account.

We are departing SJD on January 2, 2004 for LAX. On January 3, 2004, we are departing LAX. I arrive at LGA. My companion arrives at PHL.

We have separate record locators.

I have an Admirals Club membership which will be valid during all times of travel and believe that my companion can be admitted to the clubs in PHL, DFW, and LAX, either as my traveling companion or because of the class of international service. Please advise whether I am correct.

Sincerely

NewM"

So which scenario, if either, admits my friend to the club?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Your membership entitles you to two guests. I brought two guests in with me this past month at both SFO and ORD without any problems.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Tom. It's a new membership for me and I had been under the (mistaken) impression that only guests traveling with the member (same itinerary or PNR) could be admitted.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 10:05 pm
RS

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro
When I enter with my wife, I show them my Admiral's club card, my picture ID and we're both in. They never talk to her. They never require that I present a boarding pass although I often do and sometimes ask them to check on the flight status.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks RutDog for clarifying. The post came on the heels of the recent one where the guy was bragging how he thwarted HHonors rules so I guess I was feeling a bit *****ly. My bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.