Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2015 AA International Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

Also, images are welcome, but please remember to adhere to the Rules:

8. Posting of Images
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
For post 9 Sep 2014 combined AA and US Domestic meals, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For 2014 Domestic AApm Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For threads from previous years, see:

2014: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2012: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2011: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2010: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

2009: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
How are people liking the cheese lasagna? I have a choice between that and the Chicken Tikka Masala on my upcoming [domestic] flight, and I was thinking about getting the lasagna. After all, nothing like some pasta, red wine, and a few G&T's to make sleeping overnight in DFW a better experience.

Last edited by brewdog11; Jan 3, 2015 at 3:12 am Reason: ETA: flight information
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO the lasagna is pretty standardized (though I usually eat half); the chicken anythingcan vary a lot - dry and ugly to mushy with everything in between.

Originally Posted by AA Moderation Team
N. B. The 2014 thread has been archived now that 2015 has begun. It can be read here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 1, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
How are people liking the cheese lasagna? I have a choice between that and the Chicken Tikka Masala on my upcoming flight, and I was thinking about getting the lasagna. After all, nothing like some pasta, red wine, and a few G&T's to make sleeping overnight in DFW a better experience.
The Chicken Tikka Masala is pretty gross IMO and resembles true Chicken Tikka Masala in very few ways. Lasagna isn't great either but will likely be the safer choice. Is this really an international flight? This is typically on the domestic menu.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B440 Safari/600.1.4)

This is domestic/Caribbean/Mexico meal service.

It is important to note that this chicken tikka masala is NOT the same as the "Chooza Tikka Masala" previously offered on IFS flights. I really enjoyed the latter. The "new AA" domestic version is pretty gross...the last time I had it, you couldn't even tell it was a slab of chicken and not some other mystery meat. It's disappointing... Along with the disappearance of the baked-on-board cookies and linen tray liners... 😢
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...

Just was on the aa105 and aa181 .. ALL of the food main courses and pre arrival options were inedible . Jalapeño chicken .. Tiny piece of overcooked chicken in a bland uninteresting sauce .. With undercooked ( almost raw ) potatoes with overcooked green beans .. Portion size was in line with a US domestic flight .. Not a transatlantic one . Pre arrival meal ( flatbread ) cold , tiny portion and tasteless .. Had a better pre arrival meal on KLM in Y class on my last JFK flight .. Was sat in 3J and heard F class passengers audibly complaining about the food ,
Also the salad was tiny in quantity and if I had that quality of salad in my fridge at home it would have gone into the bin !
AA 181 .. Main course beef .. Tiny , overcooked with sweet potato mash with a crust on it it had been cooked that long !
The only saving grace was the FL in JFK had great food that I had only a brief sample off before boarding ..

All in all AA 2015 food so far 2/10 bad show !
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA176 NRT-DFW Dec. 31

Since the 2014 thread is closed, I will post this here. A recent change is that the Japanese meal is now a regular menu choice, pre-ordering doesn't seem necessary.

Menu

Appetizer tray

That's gold leaf on the bean cake!

Main

Pre-arrival breakfast

The Japanese meals especially leaving Japan are very good. The breakfast was very good as well, the quiche had a light and flaky crust and the potatoes and asparagus were well prepared.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jtw_mia
AA176 NRT-DFW Dec. 31

The Japanese meals especially leaving Japan are very good. The breakfast was very good as well, the quiche had a light and flaky crust and the potatoes and asparagus were well prepared.
IME the Japanese meal on any airline ex-Japan is always a good choice. Ex-USA it is often not.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by cmd320
The Chicken Tikka Masala is pretty gross IMO and resembles true Chicken Tikka Masala in very few ways. Lasagna isn't great either but will likely be the safer choice. Is this really an international flight? This is typically on the domestic menu.
Domestic, PHL-DFW dinner flight. Thanks for your advice, looks like I'm sticking with the lasagna.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:03 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
01-Jan, AA904
GIG-MIA
Business Class
777-200, 10:15PM departure

This is merely documentation of the menu, because as I stated in this thread, a very lengthy mechanical delay resulted in the crew having to throw away dinner without serving it. Breakfast was served though.

DINNER
Starter
Fresh Mozzarella and Prosciutto
with melon

Salad
Fresh Greens with Seasonal Vegetables
with premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal.

Entrees
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
With fines herbes cream sauce, thyme roasted potatoes, creamed spinach and a Parmesan crusted tomato

Coq Au Vin
With sauteed haricots verts, roasted peppers and yuca puree

Gemelli Pasta
With fresh San Marzano tomato sauce, mushrooms and asparagus

Thai Shrimp Salad
With fresh shrimp, avocado and ginger soy vinaigrette

Dessert
Cookie Crumble Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream topped with crumbled chocolate chip cookies

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Camembert, Gruyere and Gorgonzola

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad
With strawberry sorbet

BREAKFAST
Offered prior to arrival

Entrees
Cheddar Omelette
With Lyonnaise potatoes, smoked ham and fresh fruit

Fresh Fruit Bowl
With granola and fruit yogurt

I had this and everything was at room temperature; I did not have the yogurt, but the fruit was wilted and tasted a bit off/warmed over

Served with warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Domestic, PHL-DFW dinner flight. Thanks for your advice, looks like I'm sticking with the lasagna.
No problem and good luck. Somehow your post ended up in the 2015 AA International meals thread. Hence my confusion.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Were both of those flights in 2- or 3-class J?

Originally Posted by jtw_mia
AA176 NRT-DFW Dec. 31

Since the 2014 thread is closed, I will post this here. A recent change is that the Japanese meal is now a regular menu choice, pre-ordering doesn't seem necessary.

Menu
[pic]

Appetizer tray
[pic]
That's gold leaf on the bean cake!

Main
[pic]

Pre-arrival breakfast
[pic]

Originally Posted by dll
01-Jan, AA904
GIG-MIA
Business Class
777-200, 10:15PM departure

This is merely documentation of the menu, because as I stated in this thread, a very lengthy mechanical delay resulted in the crew having to throw away dinner without serving it. Breakfast was served though.

DINNER
Starter
Fresh Mozzarella and Prosciutto
with melon

Salad
Fresh Greens with Seasonal Vegetables
with premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal.

Entrees
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
With fines herbes cream sauce, thyme roasted potatoes, creamed spinach and a Parmesan crusted tomato

Coq Au Vin
With sauteed haricots verts, roasted peppers and yuca puree

Gemelli Pasta
With fresh San Marzano tomato sauce, mushrooms and asparagus

Thai Shrimp Salad
With fresh shrimp, avocado and ginger soy vinaigrette

Dessert
Cookie Crumble Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream topped with crumbled chocolate chip cookies

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Camembert, Gruyere and Gorgonzola

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad
With strawberry sorbet

BREAKFAST
Offered prior to arrival

Entrees
Cheddar Omelette
With Lyonnaise potatoes, smoked ham and fresh fruit

Fresh Fruit Bowl
With granola and fruit yogurt

I had this and everything was at room temperature; I did not have the yogurt, but the fruit was wilted and tasted a bit off/warmed over

Served with warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage.
BTW, why wasn't there a sundae listed in the dessert options for the GIG-MIA flight? I thought all SA flights still got sundaes in both F/J (and even presumably 3-class J, if this was 3-class J)?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
This is what you get when you travel Y on a MIA-CCS flight. It was good, we used to get a hot course though. Choice was between this or sandwich. I took the sandwich inbound and wished i would have picked the salad, then salad was outbound. Noted that AA makes better salad than sandwiches, at least it has meat. Catering is always better ex-MIA than CCS.... , salad didn't look so pretty in Caracas.

Anyway, lets go with AA Y meal. (which got downgraded from a hot one). I have been told that 738 unlike 757 don't have ovens and blah blah.

Photo was taken with my watch so nobody noticed.

Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: AA, onePass
Question - Lunch

AUA - MIA Flt. 1036: designated Lunch according to AA site

Meal selection is Organic Tomato Bisque or choose later

Is this actually Lunch????
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by nalismom
AUA - MIA Flt. 1036: designated Lunch according to AA site

Meal selection is Organic Tomato Bisque or choose later

Is this actually Lunch????
COmmon update on the website when you look c. 30 days out for int'l flights; more choices will be available in a few days.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Should this be merged with the other international meal thread?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.