Search

NYLGB ??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2002, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

NYLGB ??

LONG TIME READER... FIRST POST !!!

HELLO ALL,

JFK - LGB DOUBLE MILES??? QUESTION ON BASE MILES ...

JFK-LGB = 4930 base miles...

IS the doublemiles promo for basemiles or just regulare miles.... (would this trip be 4930 basemiles or 9860 basemiles..)

I currently have no status on AA...

I priced the ticket on AA.com , came to 250+ for Sep 7... the website says 4930 Advantage Base Miles Earned.. would this could towards a GOLD CHALANGE RUN .... ??? THANKS A LOT FOR ANY HELP...

-------------

FARE RULES - IF NEEDED - L7ACWEBN
-----------------------
Day Time Application
Surcharges
Seasonality NO SEASON RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
Sales Restrictions TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED: BY AA ISSUE IN WWW NOTE: TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED VIA THE AA INTERNET WEB SITE ONLY. TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY MAIL EXCEPT IF OUTBOUND TRAVEL IS LESS THAN 3 DAYS THEN E-TICKETING REQUIRED.
Flight Applications APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT TO/FROM JFK.
Maximum Stay
Penalties CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 25.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - 1. VOLUNTARY REROUTING IS PERMITTED PROVIDED THE NEW ITINERARY MEETS ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE PURCHASED I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATION/TKT PURCHASE MIN/MAX STAY REQUIREMENTS. A. THE NEW ITINERARY IS OF EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE. NOTE - AT THE PSGRS REQUEST THE FULL VALUE OF AN EXISTING TKT MAY BE APPLIED TO AN ITINERARY OF LOWER VALUE HOWEVER NO REFUND WILL APPLY. THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON-REFUNDABLE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION VIA AA ONLY. B. THESE FARES MAY NOT BE UPGRADED TO ANY OTHER FARE TYPE. C. TKTS AT THESE FARES MAY NOT BE REVALIDATED. PASSENGERS HOLDING CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS AND TICKETS MAY STANDBY FOR EARLIER/LATER SAME DAY AA NONSTOP AND/OR CONNECTING FLIGHT/S BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION AIRPORTS. THERE IS NO ADDITONAL COST PROVIDED THE NEW FLIGHT/S AND ROUTING ARE APPLICABLE FOR THE FARE CHARGED. IF THE CHANGE IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR THE FARE CHARGED - I.E. INVALID ROUTING/ AIRPORT/ DEPARTURE TIME/ ETC/ THEN THE PSGR MUST PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN FARES PLUS THE CHANGE FEE OF USD 25.00. UNLESS RESTRICTED BY THE FARE CHARGED - WHEN TICKETED FROM/TO CHI/HOU/NYC/WAS - THE PSGR MAY CHECK-IN AND STANDBY FROM/TO ONE OF THE AIRPORTS LISTED BELOW. CITY - AIRPORT CHI - MDW/ORD HOU - HOU/IAH NYC - EWR/JFK/LGA WAS - DCA/IAD CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Refunds Reissues
Embargo Dates NO EMBARGO RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
Advance Reservation Ticketing Restrictions RES MUST BE MADE AT TIME TKT IS ISSUED. RES MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN. SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.
Eligibility TICKET MUST BE ISSUED BY 15AUG02. 4SEP02 IS THE FIRST DATE THAT TRAVEL MAY COMMENCE. RETURN TRAVEL AT THIS FARE MUST COMMENCE BY 5NOV02.
Minimum Stay
Old Aug 9, 2002, 11:05 pm

bonuses are nearly always *not* base miles. thus, you get 4930 base, 4930 bonus for the flight.

for the gold challenge you need 5k qpoints. this flight gives you 2465 q points. fly it twice and you will have 4930 qpoints - 70 points shy of qualifying. you'll need either a third trip, or a longer second trip.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

A 2 stop RT flight would be more valuable, with 500 q points on each leg, to give me 3000 q points...

correct ?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by nancy123 (edited 08-10-2002).]
Old Aug 10, 2002, 3:00 pm

The bonus only applies to N/S service. So by flying connecting flight you forfeit the bonus miles.

For discount coach travel you earn 1/2 q-point per mile flown.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 3:02 pm

q-points do not have a 1:1 ratio with base miles (also known as q-miles) - it varies based on what type of ticket you get.

first class gets 1.5 q-points per mile, business class is 1.25 q-points/mile, full fare coach is 1 q-point/mile and discounted economy gets only 1/2 q-point per mile. thus, those who buy more expensive tickets will qualify for elite levels sooner.

the gold and platinum challenge is based on points only. your flight is discounted economy, since you say you paid $250 for it. therefore you are going to accumulate q-points half as quickly as miles. the flight is 4930 miles round trip, but with a 1/2 q-point per mile conversion, you get 2465 qpoints. if you booked it in first class, you'd get 1.5 times 4930, or 7395 qpoints for the trip.

check out
http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/recht/challenge.html
for more information on challenges and the entire website itself at
http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/index.html
for additional information on this and other questions you might have.

welcome to aa!
Old Aug 11, 2002, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for all the great information.. All you guys (/gals) are great....

Thanks again...
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:51 pm

Nancy,

Good idea on the Gold Challenge.

Fly the JFK-LGB and then do a quick JFK-BOS on Amer. Eagle. You'll be set.

1)JFK-LGB -
2)JFK-LGB -
3)JFK - BOS - Amer Eagle.

Or if you want to hit gold.

Look at a quick trip to Europe. It may be cheaper overall.
BUt don't fly direct.
JFK-MIA-LHR-MIA-LHR may work. And you may be able to do it for cheaper.

I know this works since from DFW I've flown
DFW-BOS-MIA-JFK-LHR-MIA-DFW - lots of miles.

Have fun.

------------------
TANSTAAFL - but if you work it right, FF miles comes pretty close.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi CFM3RD,

Thanks for the suggestion of JFK - MIA - LHR... sounds very interesting...

How would I price such a ticket... I am open to travel on Fri, sat, sun & mon... anytime from now to early NOV... That when I start my work travel, for which gold bonus in much desired... Thanks a lot once agian...

Nancy...
Old Aug 15, 2002, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Hello Every one...

Thanks again for all the earlier advise.. Just finished my first purely run trip..

EWR-MIA-BOS-LHR-BOS-MIA-EWR...

Total of 11k+ miles.. for about $700...

I know only half count towards status... but that good enough too, as I qualified to GOLD.. with 5500+ qpoints..

I feel i paid too much for my ticket.. but again it was bought 1 day before travel..

After about 3+ call to AA CSR, I was able to add PLAT chalange to my account. Accordingly I am enrolled for both chalanges, gold & plat. IS THIS ACCURATE ? or was the CSR just kidding with me...

total QTD - Qpoint 6000+

THANK AGAIN...

NANCY...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.