Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:11 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by dw
it looks like non-promotional fares are going to start at $599 ow:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblu...180000842.html
According to the link that is the PROMO fare and must be purchased by 10/1/13 and is only Valid for travel 6/15/14 – 6/18/14.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:17 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
According to the link that is the PROMO fare and must be purchased by 10/1/13 and is only Valid for travel 6/15/14 – 6/18/14.
No, the promo fare is $499 ow for those dates.

B6 stated that once they release their summer schedule, the premium cabin seats will start at $599 ow"

"With the rollout of JetBlue's summer 2014 schedule in November, customers will continue to see industry-shattering prices for Mint, starting at $599 one-way"

That being said, if the product is popular enough, I would not be surprised to see fares start creeping up.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by dw
No, the promo fare is $499 ow for those dates.

B6 stated that once they release their summer schedule, the premium cabin seats will start at $599 ow"

"With the rollout of JetBlue's summer 2014 schedule in November, customers will continue to see industry-shattering prices for Mint, starting at $599 one-way"

That being said, if the product is popular enough, I would not be surprised to see fares start creeping up.
Sorry- time for glasses on top of glasses for me.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
I wish B6 lots of luck on this route. I really hope they can bring some competition to the route and lower prices. I think we can agree that AA+B6's new hard products will be miles ahead of the current hard products and miles ahead of competitors with standard domestic F seats (VX)
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by AZbba
I wish B6 lots of luck on this route. I really hope they can bring some competition to the route and lower prices. I think we can agree that AA+B6's new hard products will be miles ahead of the current hard products and miles ahead of competitors with standard domestic F seats (VX)
Agreed. AA prices are insane JFK-LAX/SFO. I pay them sometimes but it is a real stretch for my budget; I would travel a heck of a lot more on them for something even close to B6's fares.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
A321 Transcon / A321T / 32B enters service January 2014, bookable now (consolidated)

The flip side to lower fares like this is even less space for upgrades, on an already tough set of routes.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
The AA Facebook page carried a picture of a new aircraft with a "what aircraft am I? I'm going to be flying JFK LAX and JFK SFO soon". While the aircraft won't be placed into service until January, does anyone know if AA has taken delivery of any of the craft?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA is scheduled to take delivery of five A321Ts by 12/31, beginning in November, so that is definitely one of them. Here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That is a good looking plane ^

Annoying for F passengers that all boarding is via Door 1L though, lessens the experience somewhat by not providing an exclusive cabin during boarding.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by george 3
The AA Facebook page carried a picture of a new aircraft with a "what aircraft am I? I'm going to be flying JFK LAX and JFK SFO soon". While the aircraft won't be placed into service until January, does anyone know if AA has taken delivery of any of the craft?
The hangars in the picture look like France. Pretty sure AA hasn't received one yet.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Annoying for F passengers that all boarding is via Door 1L though, lessens the experience somewhat by not providing an exclusive cabin during boarding.
But I thought that pitying kettles walking through the first class to the back of the plane was an integral part of the first class experience.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT

isn't this a good marketing tool? as people walk by they will try/hope to some how upgrade to that class (paid or miles)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
How do you know that AA will never board through 2L? Based on what other airlines have done, I thought that boarding door on the A321 would be an airport-specific decision.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 14940674
How do you know that AA will never board through 2L? Based on what other airlines have done, I thought that boarding door on the A321 would be an airport-specific decision.
From what I understand no airline boards through 2L. Something about the engine being too close to the door and there being a risk of hitting the engine with the jetway.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:36 am

FWAAA's post here seems to contradict this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post20684949

The original article doesn't seem to be live anymore though, so I can't find it from the source.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.