Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Very nice indeed. Glad I held back and only really start my 2013 AA flying next month. I may just go for 125K or 150K.
Props to AA. ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ross0
Reading between the lines, in my opinion, this suggests AA is not likely to get rid of the 500 mile sticker upgrades when the merger with US goes through.

Why would AA consider that? AA brings in a tidy revenue selling stickers each year to GLDs and PLTs (and I guess a few EXPs to use for companions).
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Should be close to 140k EQM, 190EQP this year. I gotta tell you, I really want MM so bad! After all this, I am shooting for 2MM but I am sure you and most other expert FTers already got it done.

PS: Gee, just saw another 4MM passing through. Full of jealousy!

Yes, I remember passing 2MM. A very exciting day when that bad boy showed up! (my 2MM EXP card with a note officially recognizing my "lifetime" PLT status)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
^ Lucrative bonuses and nice that there's both a mileage and upgrade choice...if you're already long on eVIP's, it's a nice fat 100k bonus for the 150,000-mile flier.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Plat
Decreasing the value of the program

In my opinion, they are reducing the value of the VIPs and in the near future the VIPs are going to be the new 500-mile vouchers. I much rather see a CK or other status at 150/175K to reward the top elites with true benefits other than a bucket full of VIPs that we will not be able to use.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Darn....there is going to be a lot more of eVIP inventory competition in the cards for later this year and early 2014..... Book your trips early, folks! (as long as you aren't flying my routes!)
I think that there is also an expanded inventory for seats that are traditionally used for the SWUs with the new planes (especially 77W) and routes coming online. I don't think that they would have radically expanded the SWU inventory w/o having a corresponding increase of reasonable uses for them.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
^ Lucrative bonuses and nice that there's both a mileage and upgrade choice...if you're already long on eVIP's, it's a nice fat 100k bonus for the 150,000-mile flier.
Cant really agree more. Still have 13, Planning to use them all in TPACs early next year. Will see how exactly this plays out.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
So under the current system you get (4) 500mile upgrades for every 10k miles. Does that mean that when you go from 30k to 40k, you can potentially earn (7) 500 mile upgrade stickers (4) for flying 10k plus another (3) for hitting the 40k mark)?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Definitely mixed feelings about this, and have to admit it drags up old annoyances about the targeted DEQM promo from earlier this year.

... but, yeah, seems good to have ways to motivate people to fly a bit more, especially after qualifying for EXP.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
What remains to be determined, though, (and the FAQs do not address) is whether current members who ALREADY hold elite status are entitled to the various milestone rewards that are BELOW their current elite level.

For example, I am currently EXP and have flown 45k EQMs this year. Am I eligible for the 40k EQM (Milestone 1) reward? Or is that only for GLD members who have not yet achieved PLT? (so as EXP I am eligible only for the 125k and 150k rewards?)
Not sure about this either.

So if I get "GLD" or pass 30 segments/25k EQM/25k EQP and then hit the necessary miles/segments, does that work? Even if I am EXP from last year?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Antarius
Not sure about this either.

So if I get "GLD" or pass 30 segments/25k EQM/25k EQP and then hit the necessary miles/segments, does that work? Even if I am EXP from last year?
That seems to be the big question, I haven't hit 40k yet but I'm quite curious as well. Maybe someone from AA can come along and clear it up!

As for me, I smell 150k this year .
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:19 pm

Will the 10K EQM earned from Exec card (or DEQM promos if applicable) count towards this?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:27 pm

What remains to be determined, though, (and the FAQs do not address) is whether current members who ALREADY hold elite status are entitled to the various milestone rewards that are BELOW their current elite level.

For example, I am currently EXP and have flown 45k EQMs this year. Am I eligible for the 40k EQM (Milestone 1) reward? Or is that only for GLD members who have not yet achieved PLT? (so as EXP I am eligible only for the 125k and 150k rewards?)
---If you have already reached a milestone, look for your first reward notification email in May. Reward selection will continue through February 28, 2014.

You must register by December 31, 2013, and choose your reward by February 28, 2014.

You are welcome to one reward within each milestone for which you qualify.

We will email you as you achieve each new milestone, notifying you to choose your reward.

Our Elite Rewards program is cumulative, so if you've reached Milestone 2, you've also reached Milestone 1. The program is also retroactive, so as long as you register by December 31, 2013, you qualify for rewards since January 1, 2013.
--

If the answer of your question is no, then it is definitely not cumulative. From what I read, it seemed like you can get the rewards starting from the milestone 1, and all the way up to milestone 4.

This is truly the best FFP that we can ever have. Who else will give that many benefits besides their preliminary bonuses of specific levels? AA is really light years ahead of CX, SQ, JL, and NH in this regard. Not even European FFPs come close to that.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
AAdvantage becoming more like US Dividend Miles... We've had "Special Dividends" at US for a few years now...
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...dividends.html
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
When I registered for the promo, the "Thank You for Registering" note contained the following: "Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive."

I'm going to assume that's in error, but who knows...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.