Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 10:39 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JMN57
Hey - does anyone know if the 10% could possibly be applied for a already bought ticket for a future trip?
Almost unquestionably not unless, of course, you want to cancel the ticket, pay change fees and use the remaining credit to purchase the new ticket with the discount. Otherwise, not even close to possible.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Hey - does anyone know if the 10% could possibly be applied for a already bought ticket for a future trip?
I highly doubt it but certainly try and let us know how it works out.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by DillMan
Does anyone have this URL?
https://rewards.aa.com/eliterewards/login.cfm
Old May 29, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia Lumia 800: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; NOKIA; Lumia 800; Vodafone))

Originally Posted by brp
Almost unquestionably not unless, of course, you want to cancel the ticket, pay change fees and use the remaining credit to purchase the new ticket with the discount. Otherwise, not even close to possible.

Cheers.
+1

AFAIK, AA codes are always "instant purchase" ... For example, you cannot use them on held reservations
Old May 29, 2013, 10:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Looks like 10k miles would win for me personally.
We have buttloads of RDM, so the 10K are useless for us Even with the restrictions, we'll have to go for the 10% off codes. Can use one for our mid-Jan (MLK weekend) Europe visit. The tough part is when to "register" for it. It can take 4 weeks to get it, but it is only valid for 60 days. So, when am I going to book? I wish they would let it last the year. But, it's a freebie, so asking for too much is not as useful.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Maui Time
I highly doubt it but certainly try and let us know how it works out.
I called the EXP desk to ask (might as well try) and got the no (I have a booked MXP-SCL RT for two which would have been great). They did say that it applied to all tickets on a record locator which, if true, for the right trip could generate a decent value.

Added - went and browsed the Q&A and it addressed already tickets and also indicated up to 6 passengers. Given the 60 day restriction, if this is the bennie one wants, it makes sense to just not order until you need it.

Last edited by JMN57; May 29, 2013 at 10:56 am
Old May 29, 2013, 10:53 am

I'm eligible for rewards 1 and 2 and had no problems only selecting the #2 award (the SWU) and deferring my decision on the #1 award.

Even though I will likely take the 10k miles, no immediate need so its nice of aa to not force us to select them in order.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I just received the email for the Elite Rewards, but there were only milestone 2 and 4. Shouldn't I receive all four milestones at the same time?
I received the e-mail, and was offered Milestones 1, 3 and 4. I didn't have an option for Milestone 2. Very strange.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by keeper22
I also got my email. I have 135K miles, so I am past mile stone 3. When I log in to select the rewards, I only have the option to select for milestone 2 and 3, 1 is not an option. Anyone else have this issue?
Ah, glad to see I'm not alone. Milestone 2 is missing for me despite having 170k EQM.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I took the 10K miles as there was no restrictions. Eventually I plan to make it back to SYD preferably in F but probably will be lucky to get J (QF).
Old May 29, 2013, 12:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I got the "Milestone" email, but when I click on the link I get the message:

Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Application server is busy. Either there are too many concurrent requests or the server still is starting up.

Any one else getting this message?
Old May 29, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
I think their server might be a little sad. I logged in the first time and was told the miles or points in my account are not eligible for this promotion. That has to be an error.

The second time I logged in I received this message:

Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Application server is busy. Either there are too many concurrent requests or the server still is starting up.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:34 pm

Same server error here. AA must be overwhelmed by our enthusiasm. Would they use a physical server? Should move to the cloud to be able to instantaneously start extra instances. Next time they may decide not to send out the message to everybody at once. Learning curve.

The (up to) four week delay is a bit disappointing; flying TATL in a couple of weeks and I would like to try F. Anyway, will try later; as more people say on FT, #firstworldproblems

----

Update: site working now. Still: why would it take four weeks to email a discount code?

Thanks for choosing your reward

Thank you for choosing 10% Discount Code for aa.com from AAdvantage® Elite Rewards.

Your Discount code for aa.com will be sent to the email address listed on your AAdvantage® account. Please allow up to four weeks for processing to receive your code. You can update your account information on aa.com/myaccount. Code is valid for 60 days from the date you receive the code. Travel must be completed within 11 months of receiving your discount code. The following travel embargo dates apply:

2013: May 24-27; July 3-7; August 30-September 2; November 22-27 and November 30-December 2; December 20-23, and 27-31

2014: January 1-5; February 14-17; March 7-9, 14-16 and 21-23; April 18-21; May 23-26; July 3-6; August 29-Sep 1; November 21-26 and November 29-December 1; December 19-23 and 26-31
Thanks for choosing your reward

Thank you for choosing Systemwide Upgrade from AAdvantage® Elite Rewards.

Please allow up to four weeks for systemwide upgrade to be posted to your account. Once upgrades have been posted, they can be viewed at aa.com/myaccount under the My Upgrades tab.

Last edited by Zaynab; May 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm Reason: Update
Old May 29, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ckn2
I received the e-mail, and was offered Milestones 1, 3 and 4. I didn't have an option for Milestone 2. Very strange.
They should be fixing it pretty soon. Confirmed all four should be offered.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ckn2
Ah, glad to see I'm not alone. Milestone 2 is missing for me despite having 170k EQM.
170k, and not even through May!! Now that's dedication! I was getting exhausted and I'm only at 80k!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.