How to find my AAdvantage number?

Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

How to find my AAdvantage number?

I signed up for the Citi AAdvantage card for the 50,000 miles offer. My statement says I had 2,245 miles reported to American Airlines my first month, but I don't know how to access my account.

I didn't have an account when I signed up for the card, so I assume they made me one, but they haven't told me the number.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
delete
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
call citi & ask....you will have to set up a password also...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If you have been assigned an AAdvantage number, it seems logical to assume that AA knows what it is.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
If you have been assigned an AAdvantage number, it seems logical to assume that AA knows what it is.
Yes, AA knows what it is, but the OP doesn't know. Let's see, how could this unfortunate situation be resolved? Hmmmm.......seems too difficult. No resolution possible.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Choice Hotels Gold
I was told by a representative at Chase when I signed up for the united card that what happens is the credit card creates a AA account to deposit the miles in your name. What is suppose to happen is that AA is supposed to recognize you already have an existing account and deposit the miles there but if that doesnt happen you can get the accounts merged.

If you forgot your AA Advantage number you can log in with your ID and just by logging in you can see your number... write it down. Or use your email each time.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
OP, you could start here: https://www.aa.com/login/forgotAadvN...ccessAction.do. If your email address is not associated with the AAdvantage account, there is a link to contact customer services to request the number.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by AirworldDave
If you forgot your AA Advantage number you can log in with your ID and just by logging in you can see your number... write it down. Or use your email each time.
Since the OP doesn't know his/her AAdvantage number, it's highly unlikely that s/he will know his/her password; and you need your AAdvantage number to request a forgotten password. Also, can you clarify how to log in with an ID? As far as I know you can either log in with your AAdvantage number or associated email address.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
U.S. or Canada
AAdvantage Customer Service
1-800-882-8880
(or your Elite Service Desk telephone number) Please say "AAdvantage Account" when prompted at the Main Menu.
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday

1-817-963-7882 (Fax)

Outside the U.S. and Canada please visit our Worldwide Reservations Phone Numbers page to contact the AAdvantage Customer Service representative in your area. (Your call may not be toll free. Please note that a General Sales Agent (GSA) may handle marketing, ticketing, sales and reservations on behalf of American Airlines in some locations. ) You may also visit your local ticketing sales office.

From outside the U.S. and Canada you may also call 1-817-799-2500
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.