Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
December 2013
JFK-SAN dinner

Cajun chicken appetizer and dinner salad

Stuffed shells
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Were warmed nuts served? There's no mention of that on the menu.

Originally Posted by metallo
December 2013
LAX-OGG F
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Were warmed nuts served? There's no mention of that on the menu.
They were... the usual "tropical mix" (which is how AA refers to it, IIRC) that is typically seen on the Hawaii flights.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:06 pm

Oh, okay, because I was comparing the menu with past Hawaiian menus (in the old format), and the old-format menus DID include "to begin: warmed tropical nuts" - so it's a bit mystifying that the new menu format doesn't include that, hmm...

They were... the usual "tropical mix" (which is how AA refers to it, IIRC) that is typically seen on the Hawaii flights.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:08 pm

Oh, okay, because I was comparing the menu with past Hawaiian menus (in the old format), and the old-format menus DID include "to begin: warmed tropical nuts" - so it's a bit mystifying that the new menu format doesn't include that, hmm...
You're right... and I would be disappointed if they ever did get rid of them (they're even better than the regular mix!).
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:15 pm

Yeah, do you think them not being on the menu is a harbinger of the tropical nut mix to be eventually discontinued? Or do ALL transcon menus NOT mention warmed nuts anymore? If so, I'd say it's probably a space/paper-saving effort, rather than a sign of discontinuation.

You're right... and I would be disappointed if they ever did get rid of them (they're even better than the regular mix!).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Yeah, do you think them not being on the menu is a harbinger of the tropical nut mix to be eventually discontinued? Or do ALL transcon menus NOT mention warmed nuts anymore? If so, I'd say it's probably a space/paper-saving effort, rather than a sign of discontinuation.
I wouldn't read too much into it. For example, the menu posted above by metallo for JFK-SAN doesn't mention nuts - but I'm sure that those pax were offered nuts along w/their initial beverage service.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:51 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
It's a new year, so time for a new thread!

Please post your menus, photos, comments for 2014 domestic flights here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks! /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.