Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
Missed A Few

I've been slow on my posts and missed a few:

04.22.13, DCA-DFW, Dinner: Had the salmon with rice and broccolini; not bad.

04.23.13, DFW-DCA, Breakfast: Had cereal; was fine, but missed the berries that used to be provided with the cereal breakfast. Did experience on this flight the new Terminal A check-in and gates--really liked it.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
From my predeparture meal selection options ("Entrée Reservations)

AA 399 DFW-SFO May 26 2013 (Lunch - sic):
  • Lemon Grass Salmon With fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
  • Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Served with roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux
  • I will make my selection at a later time or during the flight
(Wow! They even put the accent in jícama!)
Old May 11, 2013, 1:06 pm

AA76: LAX-IAD Redeye
No PDB
FEBO not followed (the FAs seemed to be randomly searching for people who were awake)

Entree menu online was:
Cold Salmon Salad
Cheese Plate
Soup

The soup was not offered, and the FA seemed to have no idea that I had pre-selected online. When I asked about the soup, she said she had to check if they had any, returned to make sure I knew it was just soup and nothing else, and then brought it a few minutes later. I imagine someone was frantically working a can opener somewhere!
Old May 11, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
AA 1752 (DEN to ORD)

PDB offered; Tray of water only though. Hot towel

Dinner choice of chicken or pasta. Selected the pasta. Tray was served with a side salad, a roll and a chocolate cheesecake slice.

Wrapped up the flight with a mint. Good service throughout.
Old May 11, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
05.11.13, DFW-DCA, Snack

05.11.13, DFW-DCA (737, new seats), 3:50p departure, snack

Water or OJ pre-departure

Hot towel, hot nuts, beverage

Choice of two snack entrees:
1. Open faced turkey sandwich (slice of turkey on dark bread with a tomato slide and piece of arugula on top)
2. Arugula salad with "lemon-lime chicken breast"

I had the salad. Not bad. It had the chicken (not very lemon-limey), quinoa, some nuts, and a few other things tasty.

Warmed red/white/blue cookie or chocolate chip cookie.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
LAX-LAS the other day, was offered complimentary buy-on board food (including sandwiches) because they forgot to load snack mixes. Good trade.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MAH4546
LAX-LAS the other day, was offered complimentary buy-on board food (including sandwiches) because they forgot to load snack mixes. Good trade.
IMO, this should be done anyway. I took AA 1339 ORD-SAN last week, which departs at 9:20p and is a "refreshments" flight in F. I was starving and unfortunately hadn't had time to eat dinner beforehand, so after getting a refill of the mixed nuts, I asked the purser if she had any other food on board. At first she said there was nothing else available, but about five minutes later she reappeared with a complimentary "Energizing Protein Pack" from Y (normally $6.99), which per the AA website contains:

"Jack Link’s® turkey jerky, CLIF Bar® mini chocolate chip energy bar, Gilman white cheddar cheese, crackers, Craisins® and a Lifesavers® mint."

She apologized for not initially knowing it was available. I thanked her, as she seemed to have gone the extra mile for me. I suppose you can always just ask, and FAs will likely accommodate you, but I would love to see these items offered consistently to F passengers, particularly when there isn't a meal service.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by metallo
IMO, this should be done anyway. I took AA 1339 ORD-SAN last week, which departs at 9:20p and is a "refreshments" flight in F. I was starving and unfortunately hadn't had time to eat dinner beforehand, so after getting a refill of the mixed nuts, I asked the purser if she had any other food on board. At first she said there was nothing else available, but about five minutes later she reappeared with a complimentary "Energizing Protein Pack" from Y (normally $6.99), which per the AA website contains:

"Jack Link’s® turkey jerky, CLIF Bar® mini chocolate chip energy bar, Gilman white cheddar cheese, crackers, Craisins® and a Lifesavers® mint."

She apologized for not initially knowing it was available. I thanked her, as she seemed to have gone the extra mile for me. I suppose you can always just ask, and FAs will likely accommodate you, but I would love to see these items offered consistently to F passengers, particularly when there isn't a meal service.
Or AA should can the red-eye food service that next to noone eats and serve snacks on late night departures over 2h30m (that service currently ends at 9 p.m.).
Old May 13, 2013, 9:33 pm

05.13.13, DCA-ORD, Dinner

05.13.13, DCA-ORD (737, new seats), 7:20p departure, dinner

Hot nuts, drinks

2 entree choices:
1. Chipotle chicken
2. Pasta shells in tomato cream sauce

Had the chicken, served with rice, a ramekin of sauce, and some wax beans. Salad (dressed by FA) on side. Plain cheesecake for dessert.

Chipotle chicken is not my favorite--the chicken breast is oddly large. Tonight's was a bit stringy.

Service very pleasant.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Thinking of requesting an upgrade on an early morning OKC-ORD eagle (CR7) flight next week. Any idea what to expect in terms of breakfast? I'll probably skip the upgrade request if it isn't anything substantive. Searched this thread for "OKC" and "OKC-ORD" without finding anything ...
Old May 14, 2013, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Thinking of requesting an upgrade on an early morning OKC-ORD eagle (CR7) flight next week. Any idea what to expect in terms of breakfast? I'll probably skip the upgrade request if it isn't anything substantive. Searched this thread for "OKC" and "OKC-ORD" without finding anything ...

You will get the above with either oatmeal or cereal.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-DFW
Breakfast
757-200

Breakfast "skillet" or cereal

Old May 14, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

You will get the above with either oatmeal or cereal.
Thanks. Not sure if worth 2 stickers. Guess I'll think about it. No ovens in the CR7s, correct?
Old May 14, 2013, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by no1cub17
No ovens in the CR7s, correct?
No, hence the cereal or oatmeal option only. Quite honestly, I'm surprised AA even serves a meal on this flight ~ 690 miles. The evening flight also serves a full dinner (with cold entrees).
Old May 15, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Per the preorder menu, it looks like I'll be getting the chicken pot pie crępes on my flight out of SAN this weekend. It's actually not a bad meal, but it's been offered my last four mainline flights from SAN (through ORD or DFW). I'm ready for a change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.