Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by SFO777
Mine are always scented, although usually eau de 20 year old potable tank.
Hehe. I get the same ones as you.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I had my main served separately as recently as two weeks ago on DFW-SFO, and it's been the norm on transcons and "special service flights" like DFW-SFO for me, but there's no accounting for crews for sure.
My main was served together on Monday's JFK-SFO transcon [AA177]. It was served separate two weeks earlier on the same flight. Go figure.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aw
AA 889 MIA-SFO
Dept. 4:45P (Actual 5:45P) - Arrival 8:00P (Actual 9:00P)
757-200
4/30/13

No PDB, but FA's distributed bottles of water before the door closed.

No hot towels.

Menus were handed out and dinner choices were Panko Crusted Chicken served with lemon thyme sauce, roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables OR Cheese Ravioli with tomato cream sauce.

Why does AA bother to serve something Panko crusted if you cannot maintain the crispiness of the dish?

I was surprised that the main dish was served together with the appetizer and salad. On previous transcon dinner flights this was done separately.

Mojito shrimp with somen noodles - When will AA revamp transcon meals and offer new appetizers/main dishes? Seriously, two shrimps only? I once ordered a special meal and I had more than 2 shrimps with cocktail sauce as an appetizer.

Salad - lettuce, red onion and a sprinkling of feta cheese with a choice of dressing. A bit lacking in my opinion. Please add some olives or cherry tomatoes.

Panko crusted chicken - the sauce was more robust than lemon thyme. As a matter of fact it tasted like roast beef jus.

Dessert - Fruit cup, cheese plate OR made to order sundae. Isn't the fruit cup supposed to be served with the pre-arrival cookies?

Pre-arrival cookie - chocolate chip or cranberry with white chocolate.

We were on the same flight in F interestingly enough, and yes I'll agree with you on a few points. Biggest issue I had was no hot towels (unless I don't remember correctly?), which is ridiculous on a transcon.

First, I understand we left an hour late but on a transcon they could have done a PDB run, the traffic really died down towards departure time.

Second, I ordered the same chicken entree (pre-ordered, and the FAs acknowledged it) and thought it was fine, but not crusted/crunchy as you observed.

Third, on a 5p departure there isn't any excuse for the 'all-one-tray' service. It's a 6 hour flight, and not late in the eveing so no need to rush, so I chalk it up to laziness.

The FAs were okay, attentive with refills and such, but nothing over the top.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by aw
AA 889 MIA-SFO
Dept. 4:45P (Actual 5:45P) - Arrival 8:00P (Actual 9:00P)
757-200
4/30/13

No PDB, but FA's distributed bottles of water before the door closed.

No hot towels.

Menus were handed out and dinner choices were Panko Crusted Chicken served with lemon thyme sauce, roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables OR Cheese Ravioli with tomato cream sauce.

Why does AA bother to serve something Panko crusted if you cannot maintain the crispiness of the dish?

I was surprised that the main dish was served together with the appetizer and salad. On previous transcon dinner flights this was done separately.
Not to defend AA, but the 762 on Flagship Transcon have 9 cabin crew. The 757 has either 5 or 6 cabin crew, and they have to serve more passengers (762=168 pax vs 752=188 pax). The logistics and number of staff have a big reflection on the service you receive. When it's a 757, you're not getting the fully Flagship Service.

In regards to Panko being not crisp, I can tell you that if you try reheating any meant to be crisp textured item in an oven that only heats to 300 or so degrees, crisp "ain't happening".
Old May 2, 2013, 10:12 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
denCSA - nice to know that there was another fellow Flyertalk member onboard. Were you seated towards the front? I was in 4B and from my seat I had a good view of the galley and could swear that I saw a container with towels on the counter.

I agree with you that the FA's were attentive and did make an effort to provide refills, but I feel that they took some shortcuts with the service. I realize that when pax board from the 1L door it is challenging to do PDB, but as you noted traffic died down towards dept. time and they could have offered a tray with water or OJ. The bottles of water were supposed to be given at the conclusion of the meal service.

Rob760 - I appreciate your insightful perspective, but when the price for a F tkt is the same regardless of equipment, I expect the same level of service in the front cabin whether I am on a 767 or 757. As for the ovens being unable to heat food to a crispy finish, this is a shortcoming that I can accept. In that case, why not provide dishes that will be better suited for this type of re-heating? Braised dishes in flavorful sauces would seem to be more suitable. I would gladly take a pot roast over this chicken dish any day.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aw
denCSA - nice to know that there was another fellow Flyertalk member onboard. Were you seated towards the front? I was in 4B and from my seat I had a good view of the galley and could swear that I saw a container with towels on the counter.
Yep, I was in 2B, was the last to board in F if I remember right.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
My options for a lunch flight next week are:
Chilled Teriyaki Beef With scallion, red bell pepper and udon noodle salad
Chicken Pot Pie Crępes Served with supreme sauce and chipotle mashed sweet potatoes
Has anyone had either? They both sound mediocre.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Not to defend AA, but the 762 on Flagship Transcon have 9 cabin crew. The 757 has either 5 or 6 cabin crew, and they have to serve more passengers (762=168 pax vs 752=188 pax). The logistics and number of staff have a big reflection on the service you receive. When it's a 757, you're not getting the fully Flagship Service.
Actually this is purely laziness by a flight attendant. The salad and app are always supposed to be served first, hand delivered, then the entree, which is supposed to be hand delivered. Length of the flight dictates this possible, has nothing to do with the number of crew. In fact it should be easier on a 757 because you have two crew members looking after 22-24 pax rather than one crew member looking after 16, as is the case on the S80 or 737. Flagship service is easy when someone is in the galley getting everything together for you, as on the 75.

Again, pure laziness to not serve it separately because that is what the service standards call for.

Now, can someone explain the obsession with a pre-departure beverage? I've never thought twice about it but everyone here seems to be OCD over it.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ambraciot

Had the chicken pot pie crepes every week in January. I think the fact that AA can't decide whether to call these things pot pies or crepes speaks volumes-I don't think they really fit the bill for either, actually.

Overall, mediocre is probably a good description for the chicken; can't help you w/the beef salad.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ambraciot

I had the steak salad a few weeks ago. It was ok.

Originally Posted by dat4life
AA 2352
DFW-ORD
Snack

PDB Open Bar^

Choice of steak salad with soba noodles or open face chicken sandwich.

Oatmeal cranberry cookie or chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

We were served by a FA who strongly resembled a slightly older Kristen Stewart, with a similar personality (i.e. lack there of). Though, she was very attentive to her credit. Drinks constantly topped off, etc. Pre-order wasn't acknowledged, but I got what I wanted. The salad was alright.

Old May 3, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dat4life
I had the steak salad a few weeks ago. It was ok.
Two pieces of beef?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
Two pieces of beef?
Yep. It was either that or the open faced chicken sandwich, which I really dred.
Old May 4, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Flew my first AA Domestic F last night. LAX-SFO. No PDB. Inflight I was served a packet of savoury mix and 1 beverage.

I'm on the LAX-MIA 777 next week in F. Entree choices on aa.com are Turkey Sandwich or Chilled Prawns with salad. Is the that really what AA serve on a 5hr flight in F??
Old May 5, 2013, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by surryson
Flew my first AA Domestic F last night. LAX-SFO. No PDB. Inflight I was served a packet of savoury mix and 1 beverage.

I'm on the LAX-MIA 777 next week in F. Entree choices on aa.com are Turkey Sandwich or Chilled Prawns with salad. Is the that really what AA serve on a 5hr flight in F??
Sadly, yes. Although transcon dinners are quite good, transcon lunch flights are pretty bad.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Strange yesterday ORD/SFO 425PM departure was a lunch service rather than a dinner service. The gate board even showed it as Lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.