Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Sandy (and post-Sandy) impacts and related issues (consolidated)

Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

● For up-to-date information on AA's inclement weather travel policy for post-Sandy and other events, see: AA Travel Alerts / Travel Notices and Policy

● For Sandy-specific information, see Hurricane Sandy East Coast - Travel Notice Exception Advisory

● AA OSO (Off Schedule Operations) desk for day of flight issues: 1-800-446-7834 (or your status or reservations line)

● To quickly check your flight: AA Gates and Times page or, as supergrandslam suggests, the AA cargo site.

● To check flight status overall, see FAA NE airports flight delay information or FlightStats Global Delays and Airport Tracker

● For additional information on NYC travel disruptions, see this thread in the NYC Forum: Hurricane Sandy - Emergency Measures and Travel Impacts (Oct 2012)

N.B. Weather is a rapidly changing event, so be sure to check sources regularly. A post-Sandy "Nor'easter" is headed to the area at this moment.

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Hurricane Sandy (and post-Sandy) impacts and related issues (consolidated)

Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:55 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by icarus8
Ah, thanks anyways. For future reference - what does a car service usually cost into manhattan?
Dial7 is about $30 (plus tolls, tip) from LGA, and $34 back out.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:44 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by icarus8
Ah, thanks anyways. For future reference - what does a car service usually cost into manhattan?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, icarus8! You can check out our Car Service thread over in the NYC Forum for some general info - it depends a bit on airport and neighborhood:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...-services.html
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
No progress on MTA subway and Air train JFK since Nov 1st?
I hope subway E to Jamaica and air train resumed by Nov 4th.

I saw some air trains running around Terminal 8 on Nov 1st.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
No progress on MTA subway and Air train JFK since Nov 1st?
I hope subway E to Jamaica and air train resumed by Nov 4th.
Where in the city are you trying to go? Shuttle bus to federal circle, airtran to Jamaica, LIRR to Penn Station is a reasonable strategy here.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
Where in the city are you trying to go? Shuttle bus to federal circle, airtran to Jamaica, LIRR to Penn Station is a reasonable strategy here.
As I live in upper east side, Penn station is not prefarable for me.
It may still best option going back to manhattan if there is no progress on other routes.
I saw shuttle buses to federal circle quite frequently running at T8 on Nov 1st as well as white buses for AA employees.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

Not to take away from anyone's necessities and concerns, but please discuss NYC transport etc. in the New York City Forum (there's a limo and transport thread dstan has linked to as well as a Sandy impact thread there) for broader discussion and input on NYC transport (vs. AA flight schedule) issues.

Thank you all.

/Moderator
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:42 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by JDiver
Not to take away from anyone's necessities and concerns, but please discuss NYC transport etc. in the New York City Forum (there's a limo and transport thread dstan has linked to as well as a Sandy impact thread there) for broader discussion and input on NYC transport (vs. AA flight schedule) issues.

Thank you all.

/Moderator
Indeed, frequent updates on the status of local transportation in the NYC area are being provided in this thread (also linked from the wikipost at the top of this thread):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...ct-2012-a.html

/Moderator
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:37 pm

I had not reached home for 4 days and was scheduled to again fly out of NYC to ORD on the next day, and the flight to ORD was one of the few from LGA that was a go. I called AA and asked AA to refund my non-refundable fare, and was told that AA just had changed the policy. AA would not refund the price of my ticket, but rather would give me a voucher for a future AA flight that was equivalent to the price of the ticket I asked to have reimbursed. Thanks AA. I appreciate your understanding of the difficulties we are facing in NYC with #Sandy.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:49 am

Note: the northeastern seaboard appears to be heading for another big storm, a "Nor'easter" this time, piling in just after Sandy - and airlines are already announcing cancellations etc.

BE SURE to check AA's Northeast and New York Area Travel Policies today if you are there / headed there / thinking you are leaving there today and tomorrow.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: FT
i am supposed to fly out into LGA tomorrow morning from YYZ...now they are suggesting my flight is on time but my meeting is only tomorrow and i would be flying back in the pm. i can honestly just do the same by telephone and do not want to deal with delays etc. on the 8th. i have a very very hard time believing the flight tomorrow will not be delayed when all flights to YYZ post 2pm are cancelled today. that said, there is no refund being offered and changing is not relevant.

do i just have to wait until it is cancelled before getting a refund? i am not likely to take it in any case since if the flight is delayed, i would rather just take the call by phone than piss around getting to LGA, into NYC only to be late for the meeting and fly home that night...

thoughts? cost of flight is really not an issue to just not take it...i have checked in and set up alerts for 4 hours before but that is going to do little...guess we have to see how bad it is tonight. [added ticket is a cheapo N class one]
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
i am supposed to fly out into LGA tomorrow morning from YYZ...now they are suggesting my flight is on time but my meeting is only tomorrow and i would be flying back in the pm. i can honestly just do the same by telephone and do not want to deal with delays etc. on the 8th. i have a very very hard time believing the flight tomorrow will not be delayed when all flights to YYZ post 2pm are cancelled today.
You can find what is the incoming flight of your flight tomorrow on AA.com.
For example, tomorrow AA4600's incoming flight is AA4642 already arrived at YYZ today.
Of course, it doesn't mean AA4600 will be on-time tomorrow.

I would also keep checking a flight status on AA cargo https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/schedules.jhtml

I think sometimes the flight status on AA cargo is updated earlier than AA.com .
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:48 am

Splendid idea, now added to the WikiPost! Thanks. ^

I would also keep checking a flight status on AA cargo https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/schedules.jhtml

I think sometimes the flight status on AA cargo is updated earlier than AA.com .
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: FT
You can find what is the incoming flight of your flight tomorrow on AA.com.
For example, tomorrow AA4600's incoming flight is AA4642 already arrived at YYZ today.
Of course, it doesn't mean AA4600 will be on-time tomorrow.

thanks. i appreciate that tomorrow's flight is already on the ground...just have a bad feeling that the flight out will be delayed and I can not risk sitting on the plane on the ground in YYZ having pushed back waiting for clearance to land at LGAI appreciate the pilots hedging and pushing back on time and taxiing to hopefully move up into the cue into LGA but tomorrow, I think unless AA cancels, I will probably just cancel ittake the hit and use what ever is left for another flight...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
This is insane. Had I made the wrong choice in rebooking my flights a day earlier or later I would have been very screwed. My international segment with AA 172/171 for JFK-BRU was originally supposed to depart the 29th, I called ahead to rebook for the 29th, best decision ever made. I was gonna try to rebook the return flight for the 7th and 8th... but decided to fly out early instead on the 4th...Looking back had I chose the 7th or 8th I would be stuck in Europe for even longer. What a huge mess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.