Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 am

Well, now that you mention it, perhaps not. I've been buying a few P fares recently, and don't think I paid too much attention to the baggage allowance that was shown to me. I'll have a ticket to book in a couple of weeks...maybe someone else can confirm.

Nevertheless, if your AA FF# is in the reservation, it'll be fine.

You should get Group 1 boarding on your boarding pass, although for the past couple months CC holders have gotten PriorityAAcess. There is some evidence that that has been fixed, but it's not completely clear.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: AA PLT | HHonors Gold | Starwood Gold*
do you have to book the flight with the AA credit card? The website doesn't explicitly state that versus the United Explorer card

Reason Im asking is because I have the AA business card but I didn't get priority/group 1 boarding on my recent flight
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by cali99boy
do you have to book the flight with the AA credit card? The website doesn't explicitly state that versus the United Explorer card
No. The benefits are tied to your FF account.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
"25% savings on in-flight purchases"

Has anyone had any luck with this one? I haven't got a penny back. Maybe it doesn't apply to booze?

"Earn 10% Back on Your Redeemed American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles"

Can this benefit be used even if you book an award using "Reduced Mileage Awards"? (https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...ed_mileage.jsp)

If so, 15,750 miles (17,500 x 0.9) isn't bad for a domestic round trip -- especially on the routes that don't have a business (sorry, """"first"""") class, so you're not even missing out on an upgrade.

I might use this to book a flight from NYC to Montreal. A paid R/T ticket is around $400 for a short 1:30 American Eagle flight, 333 miles each way, so it's not even helpful to get status. 15,750 miles + $60 taxes sounds like a much better deal.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hm500
"25% savings on in-flight purchases"

Has anyone had any luck with this one? I haven't got a penny back. Maybe it doesn't apply to booze?

"Earn 10% Back on Your Redeemed American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles"

Can this benefit be used even if you book an award using "Reduced Mileage Awards"? (https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...ed_mileage.jsp)

If so, 15,750 miles (17,500 x 0.9) isn't bad for a domestic round trip -- especially on the routes that don't have a business (sorry, """"first"""") class, so you're not even missing out on an upgrade.

I might use this to book a flight from NYC to Montreal. A paid R/T ticket is around $400 for a short 1:30 American Eagle flight, 333 miles each way, so it's not even helpful to get status. 15,750 miles + $60 taxes sounds like a much better deal.
Yup, bought a $2.99(!) thing of boxer chips last week and the $0.75 was credited to my statement. Not sure if it doesn't apply to booze - that would be lame. And AFAIK the 10% miles back applies to all redeemed miles, not just if they weren't in a promo.

Mods, I think these posts can be merged into the existing Citi Platinum Select thread linked above as all of these questions have been asked and answered...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by nall
No. The benefits are tied to your FF account.
That's what I thought. Yet, when I went to check-in at the kiosk, it made me swipe a CC for the $25 baggage fee and I didn't get group 1/priority access
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
That's what I thought. Yet, when I went to check-in at the kiosk, it made me swipe a CC for the $25 baggage fee and I didn't get group 1/priority access
If you purchased the ticket before you had the card, that's why. While you don't have to use the cc to actually purchase the ticket (once you possess it, your accounts are linked), the benefits are not retroactive to tickets already purchased.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by no1cub17
If you purchased the ticket before you had the card, that's why. / ...the benefits are not retroactive to tickets already purchased.
If this also applies to the 25% discounts on in-flight purchases, that would explain why I didn't get anything back. If that's the case though, it is pretty silly to not refund 25% considering you have to actually use the card to make the purchase.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:53 pm

Does the "10% Back on Redeemed American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles" work with all partner tickets? Particularly IB & Air Berlin over the Atlantic? This is how I read it, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DealsRock
Does the "10% Back on Redeemed American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles" work with all partner tickets? Particularly IB & Air Berlin over the Atlantic? This is how I read it, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm!
I got 10% back on miles I used for my father in law and he flew Cathay Pacific for 90% of the trip. He went to Hong Kong and back.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Apparently yes, but limited to 10,000 miles rebate a year.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by no1cub17
If you purchased the ticket before you had the card, that's why. While you don't have to use the cc to actually purchase the ticket (once you possess it, your accounts are linked), the benefits are not retroactive to tickets already purchased.
Thats the thing. I've had the card for like 5 years

Do I need to call to "upgrade" my card to have these new features active?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thats the thing. I've had the card for like 5 years
If your card wasn't obtained after they announced the new benefits then it does depend on exactly which older card you have.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-benefits.html

From that link, these are the older cards included in the offer apparently:

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Elite MasterCard and Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mark_T
If your card wasn't obtained after they announced the new benefits then it does depend on exactly which older card you have.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-benefits.html

From that link, these are the older cards included in the offer apparently:

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Elite MasterCard and Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express
I got the Citi Business AA Mastercard
https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...ld-mastercard/

It does say right on the page that I would get
"First checked bag free + Priority boarding privileges "

Hmm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I got the Citi Business AA Mastercard
https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...ld-mastercard/

It does say right on the page that I would get
"First checked bag free + Priority boarding privileges "

Hmm
If you apply for a new card then yes, those are the benefits you would get, but in the details it also says this:

"This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World Card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World Card."

As your card was issued long before this offer and is not listed in the older cards that were to get the benefits, I'd say you should call and ask if there is anything they can do for you ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.